Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following Carlo, I certainly won't be judging Benitez on sound bites from press conferences. It's all a load of crap anyway. As he said, he'll walk the walk and the walk will be what he is judged on. Can't get my head around how everyone reads so much into these press conferences.

Still got a stab in lol

Il judge him on performances like every other manager before him and every other manager after him.

If he does well and people still want him out then that's just stupid.

I want everton to do well so that triumphs all

Absolutely. I'm desperate to see a manager come in and do really well, regardless if they're deplorable slugs. We haven't been consistently competitive since Moist and that's ancient history at this rate. If you look at Fat Raf's record, without blue tinted specs, he's had a decent career. After learning more about him he seems like an obsessed lunatic when it comes to his work. That's what we need from the top down. I'm optimistic about him.

At what point does he move from:
  1. Fat Spanish Waiter
  2. Birkenhead Buddha
  3. Fat Raf
to:
  1. Spanish Messiah
  2. Rafael the Gaffa
  3. Lord Benitez
  4. Sir Rafael
This thread will be fun over the next season.
This is the sort of stuff I find weird. All the what will you do when he wins a trophy/gets us into Europe/conquers Real Madrid in the ESL stuff. The likelihood is we will remain a mid-table club. That's not a specific dig at Benitez, although it is clear that I don't rate him, it's true of all but a handful of managers. Even if he did do well, he'll never be beloved, will he? I could write a similar thread about what all the Team Rafael crew will be calling him when he finishes bottom half/rolls over at the pit/gets us relegated to the conference or whatever and that would also be pointless. My prediction is 6 months, 12 months, 2 years from now everybody will just be moaning about not signing anyone, Brands not shifting the "deadwood", @ForeverBlue92 saying we should sign Zaha and Ings, @Nymzee randomly commenting that the transfer thread is the worst thread ever and obsessing about urinary incontinence etc.. and our usual mid-table nonsense will be draining the life out of the place. Benitez will still be here not doing much of note and banking his massive cheques, the people who are calling him FSW now will still be calling him FSW, the people saying we should give him a chance will likely still be saying it and will be blaming Brands/Bill/Big Dunc/FFP/the Illuminati for our continued stagnation, the Esk will still be saying we are skint, the Echo will still be getting everything wrong about our transfer activity and on and on and on.

Following Carlo, I certainly won't be judging Benitez on sound bites from press conferences. It's all a load of crap anyway. As he said, he'll walk the walk and the walk will be what he is judged on. Can't get my head around how everyone reads so much into these press conferences.
Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back