Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin Sheedy came from Liverpool as did Ablett, Beardsley and the wonderful Dave Hickson. Did either of those players rob us of our dignity?
Well Sheedy the late Gary Ablett and Beardsley, didn't publicly belittle the club before they came over from anfield. Of course Dave Hickson played for Everton before joining the other lot. It is what it is. Let's hope Mr Benitez is a success here.

We are defo beta and absolutely gimped as a fanbase if we can't spin this on them and use it against them.

Melting down over it is exactly what they want. You are giving them the exact thing you don't want them to have on a plate.
Embracing this will piss them off far more than wetting the bed about it. He deserves as much of a chance as any other manager and if he is poo we lose out so let's hope he is a success.

Everyone just keeps saying I should be happy we have such a top level manager. We'll I'm not, and he isn't anymore.
I don't think many are saying that, just that he is here now and we have to get on with it. Like him or loathe him, he's our manager and we either suck it up and get on with it, or sulk for the next period of time until he's gone.

I learned to live with Allardyce - thankfully for a short time, my sulk was even shorter - I'm sure we can all learn to live with Beni, either for a short time or some long overdue success.

Wouldn’t it be funny if Rafael relegated us? Hire an ex liverpool boss and we get relegated.

Embracing this will piss them off far more than wetting the bed about it. He deserves as much of a chance as any other manager and if he is poo we lose out so let's hope he is a success.
Exactly wishing him to fail as a blue is so short sighted. The kopites would love 'agent Raf' to fail here. Hes our manager that will go down on history and never change. May aswell hope it brings us success. And if we can piss them off with a good derby record and whatever else success we can achieve.

People keep saying 'imagine getting beat in the derby and them singing his name. Well imagine beating them and singing a chant about 'your legends a blue.' We deserve everything we get if we worry about the former more than hope for the latter.

The simplistic way to view it is that if you had $20mil then you wouldnt need to do anything...but then because of the personality you have (to achieve the wealth) you want to keep busy...so find a new challenge ;)

I’ve worked for people of that degree (under someone else) and generally they’re [Poor language removed]. Won’t say anything more.

It's all one big joke to the posters on rawk. They ain't infuriated at all, they find this hilarious. We are now managed by a man who's face is on their banners. This is a very low and humiliating moment for Everton Football Club. This appointment feels like it's robbed the club of it's pride and dignity. It's feels like getting your trousers pulled down in public. The fall out will be nasty if this fella is a flop here.
It's a terrible appointment. Tone-deaf at best and shows us that the fans opinion is worthless at worst. However, the club lost its pride a long time ago and I'd be quite proud if my trousers came off

10th place is the bar.
I would expect 7th place and a decent run in the cups at the very least. Anything less will be failure. Benitez is under greater pressure than any other manager, due to his rs associations. He knew this when he signed up to be fair. Oh and the people behind the banners, could be reds trying to make Everton fans look bad. I wouldn't put it past them like!

Status
Not open for further replies.