2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would make it more palatable if there was an obvious strategy at the club.

As it is, Rafael is gonna be the fall guy.
Rinse and repeat.

Exactly. I posted the same thing the other day about strategy. There is absolutely none. Well certainly none that even springs to mind looking at the club.
All i see is a shambles.

Who would we even bring in? And there’s no point saying a manager who is blatantly unavailable.

I know theres some who dream of a potter ball type revepkurion happening here but it’s never happening as long as we still have the donkeys we have playing for us. Keane Godfrey Coleman Davies Iwobi they’re all terrible on the ball. Mina Delph Gbamin Holgate aren’t much better. There’s no easy solutions here.
Benitez has made some bad decisions (playing Gbamin and persisting with the reliably useless Iwobi), and his love of zonal marking is Roberto levels of ideological, but you have summed up the reality: no manager is going to make a serious go of things with these players. Evertonians, who have spent years glorifying, in turns, Coleman, Gomes, Davies, Holgate, and Godfrey are loathe to admit that they couldn't spot a player now it is obvious that all of these guys are, at best, utterly mediocre. Their solution? Denial. Denial that the players are the problem and that any manager is merely tinkering at the edges of chaos. We've replaced enough managers for these losers. Benitez may infuriate, but over the long run he'll begin the necessary corrective process. That said, as long as Moshiri behaves like these fans - and sacks managers rather than, say, Marcel Brands - then you can't blame the fans for looking for the quick, deluded "solution".

These players have got history on getting managers sacked and they are doing their work again, the board need to wake up and have a massive clear out and start making positive decisions 1 being offer Mina a new contract immediately
2 bin the other clowns who call themselves defenders

Benitez has made some bad decisions (playing Gbamin and persisting with the reliably useless Iwobi), and his love of zonal marking is Roberto levels of ideological, but you have summed up the reality: no manager is going to make a serious go of things with these players. Evertonians, who have spent years glorifying, in turns, Coleman, Gomes, Davies, Holgate, and Godfrey are loathe to admit that they couldn't spot a player now it is obvious that all of these guys are, at best, utterly mediocre. Their solution? Denial. Denial that the players are the problem and that any manager is merely tinkering at the edges of chaos. We've replaced enough managers for these losers. Benitez may infuriate, but over the long run he'll begin the necessary corrective process. That said, as long as Moshiri behaves like these fans - and sacks managers rather than, say, Marcel Brands - then you can't blame the fans for looking for the quick, deluded "solution".
I mean, you haven't picked the best players to use as examples really.

Coleman was quality for us for years. The issue is we haven't replaced him when he started to decline after he struggled to get back to pre horrific injury levels.
Gomes was great when he first came. Got a permanent deal.and broke his leg and hasn't recovered.
Godfrey was arguably our best defender last year. Has had covid a couple of months ago and is clearly struggling and is devoid of confidence. I've had covid and I know how long it took me to get back to be anywhere near normal.
Holgate looked great but hasn't progressed with age unfortunately.
Davies is a bit similar to Holgate really and as a squad player for where we are currently at, isn't awful, but he will never be a starter for us.

But hardly the fans fault that they have got excited by young players breaking through. And for young players, having 5 managers in 5 years, is hardly.going to help their progression, as they have to learn a new style of play everytime.

I know Spurs sacked Nuno for less but I fear another bad performance v Spurs at home especially if we conceded from a set piece then the knives will be out but an international break then Man City and RS.

You keep doing the same thing and getting the same result means you are wrong. Zonal and not changing a system against teams will be the end of him.

It's unfair but that's his job, those players are the issue but his neck is on the line

First half was utterly dreadful, but doesn't excuse Godfrey making howlers and our players still not adapting to Zonal. We've been there before with Silva, it's not new to some of those players.

But we're 6 managers down since I remember the club showing any real fight or hunger to fight for the shirt (barring a few), and he needs time to build on that. Players like Keane, Coleman, Davies, Sigurdsson who've been part of the furniture throughout, who never show the winners mentality. Then players who aren't good enough and don't have the confidence like Iwobi, Gomes, I could go on...

Systemically we're screwed, and the fact we've spent the majority of the season missing two key players in every match comes down to the recruitment.

Can't play 45 minute games, but the team can't give away really cheap goals either, I make that 6 in 2 games, and a lot more over the course of the season. Concerning.

We've had plenty of abject performances like this under all our previous managers. No way is he getting sacked any time soon.

we have, but we haven’t had this man in charge. i do feel for him as it’s the players are crap. but it’s a win or lose game

if you lose more then it’s one outcome

he’s on the plank - lose sunday and us fans will push him off.

i’m actually thinking is they’re anyone else who can come in and work with the same bunch of clowns

He and the team embarrassed us last night in the first half. The improvement in the second half was meaningless after that. He decided to set us up in a way that Wolves could easily exploit. Injuries haven’t helped but to refuse to set us up in a way that would suit his available players is stupidly stubborn and unforgigable.

He handed wolves the impetus to come and attack us. They obliged. We made them look far far better than they are.
The game was over because of the approach to this game. We're sh!te. But that doesnt mean you have to hand the opposition it on a plate.

It is quite obvious that the players in the squad are not very good at football. They have been poor under a series of managers. Nobody and no change of system is going to turn our lot into a top six team. Benitez inherited a poor side, he has been given four free transfers and £1.7 million to turn them around and some point the finger at him. It is time to realise that we need a complete overhaul, we are 14or 15 players short of being a competitive squad and about 7 short of a first team. It will take years to put right.
When Benitez arrived and I seen what the transfer window brought I hoped he could keep us in the top half of the table now top 15 would do.

There is a distinct lack of acknowledgement in this thread, even if we fired Benitez and gazumped Spurs for Conte paying him whatever he wanted we would still be in trouble at the moment.

Defence looks crap without Mina, we've lost mobility and a link between the lines in Doucoure and we do not have an effective target man so we can't play different styles which makes it easier of the opposition to contain us. Confidence has dropped because of all that and things are going to get worse before they get better. Whoever we put in charge against Spurs are now not getting a result. Likewise City, RS and Arsenal unless we get those players back. Bottom line we are stuck at the moment due to who we can put on the pitch and no amount of tantrums are going to fix it.

That's not to say Benitez isn't making mistakes, he should have made the midfield competitive as possible by swapping Iwobi for a Davies etc. But then we would all say why is he playing 3 defensive midfielders against them when we don't have any shots. Rock and a hard place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back