2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chosen quotes that may have seemed appropriate at that point. However life never stays the same and your outlook is shaped by the opportunities, or lack of them that come your way.I would expect he is very fond of his time at RS. Why would he not be?
I also expect as a professional manager he would try for the same success anywhere he manages and I hope he gets it with us.
I agree. The previous poster had said he doesn't give a **** about them which is obviously not going to be true and I was just showing him why it isn't true. I also commented about how professional he has been regarding managing us while clearly being fond of them and idolised by them.

The doom mongers have emerged! Whoo Whoo
I wasn't saying we would be relegated or that I even think we will be in a relegation scrap or anything. I was just showing that it's more than plausible that in 3 games times, we are in the same or very similar position as to when we needed allardyce to come in and "save us".

I don't think we needed allardyce then, and don't think we are at risk of relegation this season, even if we are potentially in 17th in 3 games time. But there are those who still state we needed saving from relegation then, but are backing benitez in potentially the same situation.

Doucoure and DCL come back and we will be ok.

If for any reason they do get anymore complications then it’s gonna get to a point where we are way too close for comfort.

I’m definitely more worried about teams underneath us than teams in the 10th-6th category atm…which is rubbish in itself.

No DCL
No Doucoure
No Mina
No Gomes
No Davies
No Holgate

Delph always 1 game away from 8 weeks on the sidelines

How anyone expects the manager to do anything with the injury list is laugable. Who plays in CM tomorrow? Allan & Delph with no legs between them? Gbamin who was given the run around by Rotherham?

We'll get tonked tomorrow, possibly get something away at Brentford and might huff and puff to a plucky 0-0/1-1 draw against the RS but hopes of 5-6+ points in the next 3 are a pipe dream unfortunately.

Injures have wrecked our season - we go again next one with hopefully some money to spend and a better medic department.
Just 8 weeks ?

No DCL
No Doucoure
No Mina
No Gomes
No Davies
No Holgate

Delph always 1 game away from 8 weeks on the sidelines

How anyone expects the manager to do anything with the injury list is laugable. Who plays in CM tomorrow? Allan & Delph with no legs between them? Gbamin who was given the run around by Rotherham?

We'll get tonked tomorrow, possibly get something away at Brentford and might huff and puff to a plucky 0-0/1-1 draw against the RS but hopes of 5-6+ points in the next 3 are a pipe dream unfortunately.

Injures have wrecked our season - we go again next one with hopefully some money to spend and a better medic department.
"We Go Again"..............Oh Dear Gomes, Davies Holgate will not be missed, iwobi, Rondon, Keane are useless, Mina is injured
1.7 mill though.
K'off Moshiri, Kenwright, Brands and Benitez........then we can start again.
After 60 years of going to the game. this has been my lowest point as a fan.........I was annoyed that I had to give up my S/T this season due to health reasons....blessing in disguise not having to watch the tripe served up now.
Keep it down to 0-4 lads

"We Go Again"..............Oh Dear Gomes, Davies Holgate will not be missed, iwobi, Rondon, Keane are useless, Mina is injured
1.7 mill though.
K'off Moshiri, Kenwright, Brands and Benitez........then we can start again.
After 60 years of going to the game. this has been my lowest point as a fan.........I was annoyed that I had to give up my S/T this season due to health reasons....blessing in disguise not having to watch the tripe served up now.
Keep it down to 0-4 lads

Football wise its been our best season since Koemans first season - the away win against Brighton and 3-1 at home to Burnley was a delight to watch.

The 4-0 win against Utd under Silva aside we have been pony for years minus a few decent training sessions behind closed doors at the start of last season. Get the injures back, Richarlison back as a 2nd striker, Gray back out wide and we'll be much better.

I am well short on optimism but I will not pay the blame on whoever happens to be the current manager as a few seem determined to do. Somebody wrecked the ship long before Rafael turned up
Yep. When the [Poor language removed] does eventually hit the fan under Benitez’s reign I hope the fanbase don’t direct all of the negative energy towards him …

Can’t let the fact he’s unpopular with certain people (understandably so) cloud the fact that the main issue is that 90% of the decisions under the club under Moshiri have made since sacking Martinez have been dreadful. Employing an ex Liverpool legend is just another mistake imo in the long list - and I do actually rate him as a manager.
. Sacking managers with no plan on who to replace them with (silva) - then replacing him with a short term option in Allardyce…then letting him wax 50m on tosun and Walcott.

. Signing players (too many to name) that are too expensive, not of the required quality, and in many cases injury prone and with the wrong mentality.

. Selling players (lukaku,stones,Barkley etc) with no idea of replacements…I thought going into the season after we sold rom under Korean when we were in Europe and had no replacement for our main goal threat was going to be the low point…

. Expensive Vanity projects in bringing Rooney back, bringing james in…

. Being in a financial fair play mess of our own making - which means if things do go drastically wrong this season we don’t have any wiggle room to make signings to get us out of a mess.

. Employing a DOF who either can’t do his job, or isn’t allowed to do his job (probably a bit of both)

The only saving grace for me atm is the stadium and the possibilities things can improve once that’s in place. At the same time though, the weary fan in me just looks at the above and thinks we are a bad season away from doing a City/Leeds/Sunderland.

Football wise its been our best season since Koemans first season - the away win against Brighton and 3-1 at home to Burnley was a delight to watch.

The 4-0 win against Utd under Silva aside we have been pony minus a few decent training sessions behind closed doors at the start of last season. Get the injures back, Richarlison back as a 2nd striker, Gray back out wide and we'll be much better.
That Burnley game where we were pretty awful for an hour until we went behind and then had a good 15 minute spell?

Brighton was excellent but that's been an outlier in terms of controlling a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.