2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit confused by posters now talking about Arsenal as if they're the invincibles of 20 years ago and not a midtable team that finished 2 points above us last season and has lost 4 times already this season. I expect us to lose to them next week because we are completely useless not because they're too good. If we're just writing off home games against average teams as unwinnable now then things are even worse than I thought.

But you're not looking at the data objectively. You're cherry picking Ancelotti's worst run and comparing that to Benitez. When it was pointed out to you that 59 points is what this squad acquired last season you say that doesn't count. You are the one manipulating the data to suit your point. It's called operator bias.

How many points you get in any season is relative to the strength of the other teams in that league, so comparing point for point totals isn't always accurate.

Getting a high points total when the bottom half of the table is heavily outclassed by the top half doesn't mean so much as all the top half clubs got high points totals. Where you finish is the only accurate measure of how a team has performed.

You're the one who's biased.

The squad is the same. Tons of teams spend less money than the year before and improve.

If the squad is the same then why would a significant drop off be ok?

All the other teams have spent money so it's not a 'fair' comparison.

Our squad has had £1.5 investment while others have spent way more.

Ho
I'm a bit confused by posters now talking about Arsenal as if they're the invincibles of 20 years ago and not a midtable team that finished 2 points above us last season and has lost 4 times already this season. I expect us to lose to them next week because we are completely useless not because they're too good. If we're just writing off home games against average teams as unwinnable now then things are even worse than I thought.
How bad did you think they were?

Status
Not open for further replies.