Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same for most teams with no fans in

Not really.

We ended up 15th for home form. Brighton, Burnley, Sheff United, West Brom, Fulham were the only ones to have a poorer record - basically relegation form at home.

Like I say...an average to solid home form would've moved us up considerably.

I see Pep bemoaning City's injury crisis with three important players missing.

Benitez in my opinion has made mistakes and I would guess that he certainly has learned a lot about his players.
However, we cannot get away from the fact that we have had a horrendous period of injuries to key players and we do not have a squad that even comes close to covering those losses and that certainly is not the fault of this manager.

But if it's about form how can you still say the Arsenal one came out of the blue when we'd just won the 2 games before it? The form is completely reset at that point you can't say it came out of the blue because 6 weeks before it we looked rubbish. Dear oh dear I'm actually starting to feel sorry for Benitez if the best he can get to defend him is the likes of you you're doing him more harm than good!

lol lol lol

Yeah because that's how form and expectations work hahahaha!

If we beat Liverpool tonight we automatically expect to do over Arsenal and Chelsea yeah? You completely ignore the seven games preceding it, injuries, overall squad quality, everything because you'd managed to get one result??? Give over!

And Mina.

It doesn’t sound a lot but take Van Dijk and Salah out of Liverpool.

Evans and Vardy out of Leicester

Dias and Jesus out of City

Gabriel and Aubemayang out of Arsenal

Romero and Kane from Spurs

Ogbonna and Antonio from West Ham

Konsa and Watkins from Villa.

Yes teams can still play and might adapt but they’re not as good. Any team will suffer if you take their best centreback and best goal scorer out the team. Add in their best midfielder (Doucoure just back) and it has an impact, that’s undeniable.

The impact on teams with poor squads like ours is especially big. The players coming in place are Michael Keane/ Holgate and Rondon. Huge step downs.
Do that and watch them be able to win a game in 2 months unlike us and the fat charlatan of a manager we have.

I see Pep bemoaning City's injury crisis with three important players missing.

Benitez in my opinion has made mistakes and I would guess that he certainly has learned a lot about his players.
However, we cannot get away from the fact that we have had a horrendous period of injuries to key players and we do not have a squad that even comes close to covering those losses and that certainly is not the fault of this manager.

Yep, big difference with City is they have important players missing and they drop from champions to 3rd at most. "Oh no, De Bruyne is missing, we'll have to make do with Mahrez!"

Whereas we have important players missing like Richarlison, DCL and Doucoure and you've got Iwobi, Rondon and Davies trotting into the starting eleven. A grand canyon of difference in quality.

lol lol lol

Yeah because that's how form and expectations work hahahaha!

If we beat Liverpool tonight we automatically expect to do over Arsenal and Chelsea yeah? You completely ignore the seven games preceding it, injuries, overall squad quality, everything because you'd managed to get one result??? Give over!
That's what you're saying not me! I'm saying that at the point we played Arsenal we were 4th in the league coming off the back of 2 good wins and they were 15th with 1 win in their last 10 and none in their last 6 but you think it was a miracle that we won because at a totally different point in the season we hadn't been in good form. The worst thing is I don't think you're a wum like the others, I think you actually believe you're being dead clever with this stuff, it's brilliant!

That's what you're saying not me! I'm saying that at the point we played Arsenal we were 4th in the league coming off the back of 2 good wins and they were 15th with 1 win in their last 10 and none in their last 6 but it was a miracle that we won because at a totally different point in the season we hadn't been in good form. The worst thing is I don't think you're a wum like the others, I think you actually believe you're being dead clever with this stuff, it's brilliant!

Going into those three games, no one on here expected nine points. No one expected seven, six or even four.

We got nine.

That's why I call it a miracle, because if you look at the 'form' going in, that's what it was.

Look at it this way - if we got nine points from the next three games, would you say that's a miracle based on current form? Liverpool, Chelsea, Palace.

If "yes", then you are being deliberately facetious in what you're saying.

LOL Tubes

Posts like this one reek of desperation when you put that much crap into them.

We did. Sigurdsson and Kean alone, £75m. I didn't even include Bolasie, Bernard.

But it's mostly Sigurdsson. As bad as he is/was, he was our first choice 'playmaker' for want of a better word and was completely, totally unreplaced. He played 44 games last season; that's a gaping hole in what we had and what we have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.