2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Chelsea game will be the last straw. (A ground were we notoriously put in shocking performances)
Why are waiting for us to nosedive into the relegation zone before finally pulling the trigger?
For each passing game we are throwing 3 points in the bin by keeping him here.
Shouldn't have been hired in the first place and should have been given his marching orders after the 5-2 thrashing by Watford.

I have said many times Allardyce was the worst appointment in our history...............Not anymore he isn't

Benitez has 90 minutes of football left at this club maximum. He will be gone before the weekend.
Mate, he’s going nowhere. The arsenal result would have bought him some time, not to mention with Brands going it looks as though Moshiri has decided to go all in on Benitez. That’s not going to change after a win against arsenal and loss yesterday.

Even if we lose to Chelsea, it’ll be seen as a game we’d struggle to win anyway. Same with Leicester.

Ok, let’s just forget for one moment who is he is, where he has come from and any of his past glories or failures.

Just judging him on his Everton career so far, it’s very clear now looking at that team that he has absolutely no idea what to do with these players.

Add on the fact that after Thursday it will be 5 points out of 33, plum bottom of the form league, his falling out and alienating of senior players and actually looking like the worst Everton manager since Mike Walker, there is no other option for Mr Moshiri to admit he has made a mistake and end this misery for Evertonians.

Ok, let’s just forget for one moment who is he is, where he has come from and any of his past glories or failures.

Just judging him on his Everton career so far, it’s very clear now looking at that team that he has absolutely no idea what to do with these players.

Add on the fact that after Thursday it will be 5 points out of 33, plum bottom of the form league, his falling out and alienating of senior players and actually looking like the worst Everton manager since Mike Walker, there is no other option for Mr Moshiri to admit he has made a mistake and end this misery for Evertonians.
If only that would end the misery. People are deluding themselves that this can only get better. Ha! It really won't. I don't think Benitez can succeed now. I hoped he would, but he seems to be flailing around trying to get something out of this group of charlatan players that he has largely inherited. The reality is we need a manager who can convince these players that they've got a future here, get the best out of them for the season, and then ruthlessly cull them all in the summer. That requires a sleight of hand that few managers possess, and those that do are unlikely to be lowering their sights to Everton. No, I suspect our pain is only beginning.

The benitez fans seem to have gone very quiet. I mean @Theoneandonly is nowhere to be seen. Only @davek Seems to have stuck with it and he is more bothered about ensuring we lose to Chelsea so that we don't help Liverpool out.
I look Forward to reading how those who travelled down on a Sunday aren’t representative , are blue Geordies or not real fans .

Anyone with eyes in their head or ears can see what he’s serving up or where we are , to deny it seems delusional.

If only that would end the misery. People are deluding themselves that this can only get better. Ha! It really won't. I don't think Benitez can succeed now. I hoped he would, but he seems to be flailing around trying to get something out of this group of charlatan players that he has largely inherited. The reality is we need a manager who can convince these players that they've got a future here, get the best out of them for the season, and then ruthlessly cull them all in the summer. That requires a sleight of hand that few managers possess, and those that do are unlikely to be lowering their sights to Everton. No, I suspect our pain is only beginning.
I think its brutal and there is no denying that unfortunately with this particular hand on the tiller we haven’t even got a United fanbase , we’re split like we’ve never been Before. The empty seats in the stadium against Arsenal told its own story .

I don’t think sacking the manager solves our problems , I do think it lances that particular Boil and at least that’s a start .

After the manner in which we won against Arsenal on Monday, yesterday was the perfect opportunity to build some momentum for the busy festive period. Instead, this fella sets us up to pack all our men behind the ball and allow the opposition to control every aspect of the game. Against Crystal Palace btw.

Complete joker of a manager.

I think its brutal and there is no denying that unfortunately with this particular hand on the tiller we haven’t even got a United fanbase , we’re split like we’ve never been Before. The empty seats in the stadium against Arsenal told its own story .

I don’t think sacking the manager solves our problems , I do think it lances that particular Boil and at least that’s a start .
I have no dog in this race: if we sack the manager, he can't complain too much. I think he has mitigating factors that partially explain his results, but the signs are pretty damning at the moment. One win in 10 is pretty indefensible, even if it's his useless, scheming serial failure players who are largely culpable. If Moshiri zaps another manager, though, those celebrating will have to accept that the players have won again and the new manager will get exactly the same treatment as the current manager from fans who will rightly wonder why one man is held to different standards to another in an identical situation. The point being, I don't think we can unite the fans. I'm resigned to a very painful next six months minimum. I don't see things getting better in the short term. In the past, I felt a new manager could make a difference (when Koeman and Silva were palpably out of their depth). This time? Not so much. Why? The players are the problem. How many managers is that now for a group of these players? At some point, people need to take the rose-tinted glasses off and realise some of our "heroes" are cuckoos in the nest.

Mate, he’s going nowhere. The arsenal result would have bought him some time, not to mention with Brands going it looks as though Moshiri has decided to go all in on Benitez. That’s not going to change after a win against arsenal and loss yesterday.

Even if we lose to Chelsea, it’ll be seen as a game we’d struggle to win anyway. Same with Leicester.
He will be fired very very soon I'm sure of that.
He wont see Christmas here

It's another massive failure again by Moshiri when it comes to the managerial appointment. He can't be trusted to get anyone in, wouldn't be surprised if he watched yesterday's game and though "oooooh that Viera looks amazing so I'll get him in".

Benitez is finished at Everton, he's still only in a job because Moshiri knows he'll look like a massive plum (once again) if he sacks the manager he personally wanted.

If we avoid relegation this season it'll be because there's 3 massively crapper clubs than us. Coming up to Christmas with 18 points is relegation form

I have no dog in this race: if we sack the manager, he can't complain too much. I think he has mitigating factors that partially explain his results, but the signs are pretty damning at the moment. One win in 10 is pretty indefensible, even if it's his useless, scheming serial failure players who are largely culpable. If Moshiri zaps another manager, though, those celebrating will have to accept that the players have won again and the new manager will get exactly the same treatment as the current manager from fans who will rightly wonder why one man is held to different standards to another in an identical situation. The point being, I don't think we can unite the fans. I'm resigned to a very painful next six months minimum. I don't see things getting better in the short term. In the past, I felt a new manager could make a difference (when Koeman and Silva were palpably out of their depth). This time? Not so much. Why? The players are the problem. How many managers is that now for a group of these players? At some point, people need to take the rose-tinted glasses off and realise some of our "heroes" are cuckoos in the nest.
They aren’t my heroes, I’ve no time for the vast majority of the them but a divisive manager with an appalling win record and whose actual wins usual saw us play well for about 10 mins is I’m afraid not the answer to our ills.

I never wanted him and felt this was my inevitable but hoped he’d win more than he’d lose , in reality it looks like it’ll go down as many of us thought it would probably the worst appointment in the clubs history .

If we change it and the new manager wins 2 in the next 8 or whatever then incredibly he’s doing better than this charlatan. The damage from his reign unfortunately might take longer to fix .

Status
Not open for further replies.