2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really I don't know why anyone is judging the manager in any meaningful way now when we've not had a manager in 20 years get through a reasonable second season. Consider me on the fence until 2023.

Some bad blue on the wind up, the hype around the manager some enjoyed far too much have fanned the toxicity.

If there was ever a time to wind necks in and take one game at a times this was it, but oh no!

Reap what you have sown.
Yep they gave it large with wins over Southampton and Burnley. Not realising how ridiculous it looked.

I thought we played well first half.
Digne had a shocker in the 2nd though.
Pickford Coleman and Richy left too big a hole and our bench is just kids.
Can't stand zonal marking, Every corner and we look like we'll concede.
Not gonna get on Benitez's back after 1 poor result,

I've said before that despite the good results the performances haven't been of the high standard some believe them to be - but that is apparently an anti-Benitez and anti-Everton stance according to some. But tonight, despite the scoreline, there were some decent aspects to the performance.

We have a very mediocre squad in terms of depth beyond the starting 11 and will spend this season being highly dependent on getting the rub of the green - whether that's players staying fit, being on the right side of contentious refereeing decisions or those random little moments in matches.

That's why I don't herald the genius of Benitez when we beat a poor Burnley 3-0 at home and it's also why I won't be screaming for his head when a side with injuries gets turned over by a capable side having a hot 10 minutes. He needs a lot more time and a couple of productive windows to get a tune out of this club.

Yep they gave it large with wins over Southampton and Burnley. Not realising how ridiculous it looked.
Don't think they give it the large, they were just happy. As we all should be. Haven't seen anyone saying we will win the league or finish top 4 just praising the manager for 3 wins and a draw. Yes a few dissed the opposition and our method of winning......solely because of who the manager is but no real large at presence as far as I could see

Big thing now for Benitez is to right the ship and get back to the positive results. Too often this squad crumbles - if he can stop that happening then it'll hold us I good stead for the rest of the season.

Today though, poor. Some decent passages of play but others complete garbage. I know there were a lot of injuries and ot exposed the weaknesses of the squad but that's not going to fly as a long term excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.