2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean in theory. I think he's going to go with Begovic, Kenny, Holgate, Gomes, Iwobi, Rondon and maybe one or two others who aren't in what seems to be our current best XI. The injuries mean it'll be more like the team we put out in the league.
We only have one fit striker and one fit left back and one fit keeper for a start.

We dont have scope to change many players. Gomes Holgate Kenny should start, as should James if fit. Gbamin is out as is Delph so not many options.

After that, we need the bulk of todays side. We have 3 games before the break and need to win the next 2 so that united is a free hit.

Yeah well we've gotten to a point where the default position when we score it is Keane's fault and then we have to work backwards and find about 8 other people to blame before we can let him off.

He was awful against Saints and Leeds, okay again Brighton, Mina held his hand against Burnley.

But the heats off him now and pointed at Digne.

But it's standard Mick Kegger. Nothing changes. There's no wonder he got dropped at the end of last season and lost his England place to Mings and Cody.

We only have one fit striker and one fit left back and one fit keeper for a start.

We dont have scope to change many players. Gomes Holgate Kenny should start, as should James if fit. Gbamin is out as is Delph so not many options.

After that, we need the bulk of todays side. We have 3 games before the break and need to win the next 2 so that united is a free hit.
Yeah I get all that.

The point was the injury crisis isn't a big deal because Rafael was just going to rotate anyway. So if we put a weak side out and lose because no one is fit that isn't actually a big deal as it would have happened without the injuries too.

Let's give up.
It's like talking to antivaxxers, they're not changing their mind.

Let the cold, harsh reality slowly dawn upon them: Benitez is here because of Usmanov, and until Usmanov changes his mind, he's here to stay.
He will probably be quite succesful compared to the previous managers, so he's odds on to stay here for quite some time.

It's fairly sensible logic.

The reality is though, the majority of the other managers have been sacked. Ancelotti got 59 points and has a CV far beyond the rest (including Benitez) so was insulated.

If he continues to improve us in the 59 points we achieved he will stay. If we go backwards from that point he will probably go. I'm not sure theres much point worrying too much either way.

Given the investment the squad has had, it's not a massively high target- to get into the 60s points wise, and I suspect he will do so.

Partially. I thought they were a lot better than 16th in performances. Theyve got younger players who are improving. Correct me if I'm wrong but if they win tomorrow they are in tbe top 6? They look a tidy team to me mate.

They were a striker lite last yr and unless I missed one on deadline day they didn't sort it. They pleasing on the eye but ultimately will struggle

It's fairly sensible logic.

The reality is though, the majority of the other managers have been sacked. Ancelotti got 59 points and has a CV far beyond the rest (including Benitez) so was insulated.

If he continues to improve us in the 59 points we achieved he will stay. If we go backwards from that point he will probably go. I'm not sure theres much point worrying too much either way.

Given the investment the squad has had, it's not a massively high target- to get into the 60s points wise, and I suspect he will do so.

My prediction is that we don't hit 59 points but finish higher than 10th with less this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.