2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An idea would be to cancel the match and have a fight to the death with brands, kenwrong and Moshers. Benitez could be the referee. Throw in a few millwall fans for good measure. Great entertainment

But the board wont risk an outside appointment so I would knock the dream of chasing Benitez out and bringing in some star manager from Bosnia on the head mate.

People need to deal with reality not fantasy. Benitez is the best we can get or would look at so give him a chance otherwise you reap what you sow.
Never said I wanted the manager out, stop telling porkies mate I was only stating the options we had at the time. We went for Benitez because his agent is Joorabchin (Moshiris best mate) and it was an easy option. I have no problem with that but once again it shows the total lack of any plan and just going with an easy option rather than the option that actually suits the club. I don't blame Benitez for any of this, the board are at fault here and we keep being mismanaged hence the manager only have minimal funds during the window (something which actually manages to go back to the previous DoF!)

Oh ffs mate

How many times do I have to tell you - these journalists have info. The Athletic get all of their stuff from the club or agents. Joyce, Hughes have not had info on us for some time but have definitely come back into the fold this summer.

You can't shrug it off as conjecture yet you believe every word they then write about James being on £250k a week?

I'm indifferent to Benitez.

Obviously if we had £100m to spend on players he wouldn't do that, but that wasn't what I was suggesting.

So you dont believe the media about James wages yet you take everything they say about Benitez as gospel?

Come on mate we both know the media make stuff up expecially in transfer silly season.

Man Utd for example get linked to 200 odd players per window so someone must be lying when they are doing these reports!

So you dont believe the media about James wages yet you take everything they say about Benitez as gospel?

Come on mate we both know the media make stuff up expecially in transfer silly season.

Man Utd for example get linked to 200 odd players per window so someone must be lying when they are doing these reports!

I didn't say I don't believe the media. My issue with the reporting of James' wages is they have changed four times over the course of the last six weeks, from being 'nearly 200k' to now '250k', whereas last year they were reported as much lower.

That's my issue with that. When there's inconsistency that happens to coincide with a club becoming more desperate to move a player on. I've said all along, I have no doubt James is our highest earner and on a lot of money. But when journalists keep changing their tune each time Everton were doing all they could to move him out, then I know how things work well enough to know that there's been some elaboration some point down the line.

You suggested yesterday journalists could be sued for libel for claiming James is on 200k a week. They can't be. If Paul Joyce was proven to have made up that quote he wrote in his piece after deadline day, he would be sacked. So no, he didn't make up the quote and no, those journalists don't just 'make things up'. I'm not even suggesting any of them have made up James' wage. I'm saying wherever they have got their info from has been wildly inconsistent as proven by his wage changing every few weeks.

Every player starting on Saturday apart from Allan were on the pitch last night.

He threw the kitchen sink at it and we got done on pens.

It's that simple.

200.gif

Finished 10th last season under one the best managers in the world.

Ben's added 1.5 million to that and lost James.

20th in spending. Team in 19th has out spent us a dozen times over.

Living in la la land expecting a top ten finish.

Not even factoring in losing our two strikers and our number 1 betwen the sticks.

You can be safe ITK that Howe is sitting tight waiting for the Southampton job. Also there is a whole footballing world out there, good managers do exist outside of the PL and people need to remember this, most of the managers who have done well in recent years came into their clubs without PL experience.
Ask Arsenalfans
That Unai Emery lad seems very nice!

Oftentimes they come to the PL on the back of European success. Good luck finding one of them with our trackrecord.

How will the phonecall go?
Hello Hello Ralf Ragnick? Everton here, yeahyeah, Liverpool. Merseyside? The north of England...
Yeah, you interested in managing us? The pay is good but we will fire you if the fans start to moan after a loss & if you can't give us seventh with no investment.
Yes, we had 8 managers in the last 6 years.
Yes we have a incapable DOF that splashed 200 million on mainly dross.
Yes you will be responsible, not the DOF

So conjecture pal! lol

You dont like Benitez we get it mate but stop pretending like if Benitez had £100 million to spend he would have spent it all on Longstaff and Yedlin its obtuse.
Koulibaly. That would have been a solid signing & a step forward. No comedy capers at the back & a bit of leadership. Imagine that.

Finished 10th last season under one the best managers in the world.

Ben's added 1.5 million to that and lost James.

20th in spending. Team in 19th has out spent us a dozen times over.

Living in la la land expecting a top ten finish.

Not even factoring in losing our two strikers and our number 1 betwen the sticks.
Yeah, Imagine expecting to finish in the top half whilst having Englands number 1, Englands number 9, Brazils number 9 and the World Champions number 3.............

Ask Arsenalfans
That Unai Emery lad seems very nice!

Oftentimes they come to the PL on the back of European success. Good luck finding one of them with our trackrecord.

How will the phonecall go?
Hello Hello Ralf Ragnick? Everton here, yeahyeah, Liverpool. Merseyside? The north of England...
Yeah, you interested in managing us? The pay is good but we will fire you if the fans start to moan after a loss & if you can't give us seventh with no investment.
Yes, we had 8 managers in the last 6 years.
Yes we have a incapable DOF that splashed 200 million on mainly dross.
Yes you will be responsible, not the DOF

Koulibaly. That would have been a solid signing & a step forward. No comedy capers at the back & a bit of leadership. Imagine that.
You clearly have never watched Koulibaly, he defines comedy at the back and would have flopped big time in this league, imagine spending 40m on that clown.

I don't even care if he's unseated or not. I want to see my team win matches and last night was unacceptable.

I enjoyed when he won matches because I support Everton, not any individual or manager. But when we lose to lower league sides by showing a lack of respect, then it hurts.

I don't like the appointment we made, but I'm not going to let my agenda get in the way of objectivity or enjoying seeing us win. You're the one spinning nonsense that 14th would be an ok season - not me. If Koeman had lost to a championship side then you wouldn't be giving him the same leeway.

We`re a long long way off a Champions League place, so every season what`s left for us to fight for :

Two cups and the remote chance of a Europa place.

Yet, some on here think it`s perfectly acceptable for us as a club, to completely disrespect one of the two cup competitions, shrug when we go out and happily accept finishing in the bottom part of the table.

By this reckoning, do we start every season from now on, by only taking the FA Cup seriously and just treading water for the rest of the season.

Is this what we`ve become as a club ?

Shameful.

Never said I wanted the manager out, stop telling porkies mate I was only stating the options we had at the time. We went for Benitez because his agent is Joorabchin (Moshiris best mate) and it was an easy option. I have no problem with that but once again it shows the total lack of any plan and just going with an easy option rather than the option that actually suits the club. I don't blame Benitez for any of this, the board are at fault here and we keep being mismanaged hence the manager only have minimal funds during the window (something which actually manages to go back to the previous DoF!)

I never said you did mate - my point is that we have to be careful posting on social media as many fans read stories and run away with it as gospel truth.

So if you say "there's thousands of managers out there" young Billy reading GOT believes if we sack Benitez Mosh will be on the blower to Conte or Ten Hag and he tells his mates to start booing out the manager at the ground.

We know Moshiri wont bring in a manager from overseas it'll be a PL based one likely on a free which is my point - fans have to know that reality before they start deciding to turn on the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.