2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is i consistent to big up the milk cup at the same time as pooh poohing appearances in Champions League finals?
'he's crap, we're out the milk cup. And winning the Champions League wasn't all that'.
Different levels isn't it?

Liverpool are often in the champions league and have won it a number of times (cant remember how many as they never tell anyone...)

We have never won the league cup, or even looked likely to in recent times.

yes. but he was in the race wasnt he. two horses, them and United. ergo, good manager.

It was years ago!

To be honest I wasn't sure if it was him or Houllier who did it as it was that long ago.

I reckon in 2021 manager wise he is "ok". Is that enough for us? Maybe.

Not really sure I agree, that Houllier's team was dreadful. Two trophies won on penalties and a king's ransom spent, not to win the league with Alonso, Torres, Masherano and Gerrard was surely an underachievement. When push came to shove he was found wanting...
Indeed
He'd just spanish Sam Allardyce, isn't he.
Can't see talent when it pisses in his face.

I'm told that Benitez celebrated Rodriguez ' departure by going to his local Bernie Inn and having 2 mixed grills a surf and turf and a 12 oz Porterfield steak. All washed down with 2 Irish coffees.

Some of the comments on here are laughable. The agenda on here against Benitez is making the comments so childish. Like most I didn't want him in charge but have said to friends that to be fair to him we are actually playing with some intent and the football makes a nice change from the passing for the sake of passing football that everyone seems to be playing these days.

Do the people making these comments genuinely believe that the football under Carlo in 2021 was better than what we have been playing this season? I was saying in April that the football we had been playing was some of the worst I had seen us play. And yes I know Carlo had a good start but she because it went to complete dross with him, doesn't mean it is going to under a different manager.

It must be depressing wanting your team to lose just so you can have a rant about the manager, and then even when we are doing okay, to say things like we were lucky against Leeds to get a point.....anybody other than a blinked Leeds fan would say that we deserved the Win.

Like it or not, Benitez is the manager now and unless he starts playing Calvert Lewin on the wing or we revert to playing like we did at the end of last season then why not just support your team and not try and find negative agenda's that are not even there.
Going out of the league cup to a championship team, is a negative agenda that isn't there is it? It seemed real enough to me.

Is i consistent to big up the milk cup at the same time as pooh poohing appearances in Champions League finals?
'he's crap, we're out the milk cup. And winning the Champions League wasn't all that'.
It is a great point, what about Martinez and the FA cup plus relegated? Imho Benitez has missed a golden opportunity to win over the fans. Again it is subjective as to what is a great manager? Is it managing a great club? Then Koeman is a great manager. Is it winning the champions League? Then Roberto Di Matteo is a great manager.

It is a great point, what about Martinez and the FA cup plus relegated? Imho Benitez has missed a golden opportunity to win over the fans. Again it is subjective as to what is a great manager? Is it managing a great club? Then Koeman is a great manager. Is it winning the champions League? Then Roberto Di Matteo is a great manager.
well, we will see how it all goes over the next few months. In my view, he's already made an excellent start to a job which is a complete hospital pass.

I'm sure there were better back up GK and back up ST out there. However to give Rondon a 2 + 1 contract was awful. Hopefully next summer there will be better GKs available and we can relegate Begovic to 3rd choice. Begovic was awful against Villa and not very good against QPR. Hopefully he only plays 2 more games this season. Rondon by the time he is match fit DCL and Richarlison will be back. He is a drain on wages.
He is, but sadly for teams in our financial position the options aren't there.

well, we will see how it all goes over the next few months. In my view, he's already made an excellent start to a job which is a complete hospital pass.
I really hope so and you are proven correct. I don't see anything whatsoever that suggests he will be any more or less successful than Carlo in the long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back