2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks mate, it's good to have optimism and we salute your belief. If we are being honest though, we were terrible against Burnley albeit for 10 minutes, same against QPR, struggled to beat Huddersfield, got tonked by Villa etc so forgive me for not yet subscribing to your unwavering belief.

If he can keep the results coming in all blues would give him a pat on the back come the end of the season. At that point though progress has to be a European places finis.
I always believe....
You are right in that it has to be Europe but he needs a chance to build. With what he has I can't complain give me a dull win over defeat anytime

Thanks mate, it's good to have optimism and we salute your belief. If we are being honest though, we were terrible against Burnley albeit for 10 minutes, same against QPR, struggled to beat Huddersfield, got tonked by Villa etc so forgive me for not yet subscribing to your unwavering belief.

If he can keep the results coming in all blues would give him a pat on the back come the end of the season. At that point though progress has to be a European places finis.
why does progress from where we finished last season have to be a european place surely evene one place better than last season is progress?

I didn’t want Everton to appoint Benitez as manager, I didn’t want a washed up has been managing our bunch of lack lustre wasters. I didn’t see any benefit in bringing in Gray and Townsend. That tells you all you need to know about my knowledge of football.
I still don’t think we have become a top 4 side, but we have become a side who try to win matches, a side who want to dig in and help each other. Given the squad we have we are doing very well at the moment, long may it continue.
On another note, how well is Baningime doing at Hearts, young player taking the chance he has been given.

why does progress from where we finished last season have to be a european place surely evene one place better than last season is progress?
We were fighting for a CL place with only a few weeks to go. The collapse under Ancelotti was unacceptable and may well have been because of either his matey approach or head being turned. I've said since he came that I think Benitez can get this squad into Europe and I still think he can. It's up to him to deliver now.

Still early days but Benitez seems to be making us more of a hard working team, Villa and QPR are black marks obviously but I think we can all be satisfied with the first two months of the season. Get the injured back after the international break then come charging out against West Ham and Watford at a bouncing GP

Maybe said earlier but the Team are displaying impressive fitness levels this season and fighting to the last second. Rondon the exception of course but maybe he will get there.....eventually

Status
Not open for further replies.