2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Started gret last season too.
The only thing that derailed us last season was the squad depth & not being able to cope with injuries.

Look at our bench ...its much the same.
We need a good run & fair slice of luck.
My point is that I think this style of play is more resilient to coping with injuries.
In many ways this season‘s start is similar to last season. However, the style of play does not rely so heavily on one individual. It has also liberated Doucoure, who is performing miles better than he was last season. We are also using youngsters from the bench.

For some reason Ancelotti stopped doing that last year, and it was a mistake. This year it looks like Gordon and Dobbin are going to get chances on the pitch, they will come through the season and be useful to us by the end of it.

Everton now average 40.1% possession, the lowest in the PL, they also average the second lowest passes per game, playing only 2 more passes per game than sluggers Burnley.

UGLY football will eventually catch up to you.

Mate we went through the ugliest of football last season. We've finally developed a style of play, defend strongly and hit with pace on the counter and I for one absolutely love it.

The first time since Martinez where you can look at an Everton team and identify the style of football they're trying to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.