2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What gets me is the current Real Madrid, Barcelona and Belgium national team managers all failed here.

Ancelotti + Benitez have won 4 champions leagues between them and both apparently have failed

So who's coming in thats better lads?

Whats the realistic plan? Potter with a none existent budget to bring in expensive players to play a passing game? Sam Alladyce to make us defensively solid?

All the togger experts are on here tonight but no one seems to have an answer or solution to our problems.

Sack Benitez then What? Who?

Are any of those managers good? Just because they’re at big teams doesn’t make them good.

What gets me is the current Real Madrid, Barcelona and Belgium national team managers all failed here.

Ancelotti + Benitez have won 4 champions leagues between them and both apparently have failed

Whats the realistic plan? Potter with a none existent budget to bring in expensive players to play a passing game? Sam Alladyce to make us defensively solid?

All the togger experts are on here tonight but no one seems to have an answer or solution to our problems.

How about Sean Dyche?

You were all aboard hype train Dyche before pigman.

And the manager didn't set us up wrong or make any daft subs that led to the collapse.

Therefore you cant blame him.

I dont get whats so difficult to understand there - is Benitez telling Keane and Godfrey to get bullied by a CF yet to score a goal all season?

Is he telling Digne and Davies to put us under pressure by giving daft set pieces away?

Is he knee capping our 4 best players (DCL, Richarlison, Doucoure & Mina) so he has an excuse to play Rondon, Davies and Gordon?

You blame the manager when they actually make a tactical mistake.

He had nothing to work with today - 1x CM in Gbamin who's played 2 games in over 2 years and isn't fully fit apparently, Dobbin who's still in the academy, Iwobi who's crap and 2x goalies.

How many managers do you want to hire and sack within 18 months before you accept that the problem is by and large the crap players we have?

Im sick of them getting a free pass and I've been guilty of that at times over the years but im done throwing managers under the boss for these mental midget unmotivated dross of ours who cant pass a ball or defend properly.
Ey?

I mean, he did though? He stuck with the same shape, which only just works, kind of, when we have Doucoure, and put Davies in, and we were constantly getting legged in midfield because Watford had three in there. It took me 5 mins yesterday to check what Watford play and I knew Ranieri would go with a 3 in midfield.

Then, when he makes a change, he takes Gordon off, who was getting us up the pitch at least, and leaves Rondon on. Okay, fine, but then he leaves Rondon on after we go 2-1 up and still doesn't pack the midfield. Ranieri changes their shape and Benitez's reaction is to take Gray off and bring Iwobi on???

You can't defend that. It's bad management and bad subs. He had Holgate, Gbamin, Dobbin - all of those players can at least alter the shape.

You say he had nothing to work with but this is what we have so he HAS to work with them, FFS. Gbamin. He's the only midfielder we have atm in reserve so he HAS to be used.

Your insistence that he can't have any share of the blame, after we've been spanked 5-2 at home by Watford, is absolutely insanse. If we'd won, you'd be signing his praises.

These players are not getting a free pass at all, but the manager can't and won't, because he was crap. His footy is crap, it's proper, proper mid-2000s durge, it's so dull and so reliant on counters and that is just not sustainable.

We cannot defend set-pieces. At all. We have conceded six goals this season in the league from set-pieces. Why has he ripped up one of the best factors from our play last season?

Why do we not even try to build moves? What do they do in training that means they can't pass under any pressure? And that's the same for the new players too. Why is he leaving Rondon on all game, carrying that utter carthorse that he had a hard on for bringing in.

These are all valid criticisms.

Bring someone in who is young and hungry and doesn't alienate over half the fambase.

Potter was who I would have gone for.

We also need to decide who recruits players. It cant be a combo of board, chairman, DOF, and manager. Its either the manager or DOF.

Rodgers

Ey?

I mean, he did though? He stuck with the same shape, which only just works, kind of, when we have Doucoure, and put Davies in, and we were constantly getting legged in midfield because Watford had three in there. It took me 5 mins yesterday to check what Watford play and I knew Ranieri would go with a 3 in midfield.

Then, when he makes a change, he takes Gordon off, who was getting us up the pitch at least, and leaves Rondon on. Okay, fine, but then he leaves Rondon on after we go 2-1 up and still doesn't pack the midfield. Ranieri changes their shape and Benitez's reaction is to take Gray off and bring Iwobi on???

You can't defend that. It's bad management and bad subs. He had Holgate, Gbamin, Dobbin - all of those players can at least alter the shape.

You say he had nothing to work with but this is what we have so he HAS to work with them, FFS. Gbamin, if he can't be trusted, must be punted from the club cause what's the point?\

Your insistence that he can't have any share of the blame, after we've been spanked 5-2 at home by Watford, is absolutely insanse. If we'd won, you'd be signing his praises.

These players are not getting a free pass at all, but the manager can't and won't, because he was crap. His footy is crap, it's proper, proper mid-2000s durge, it's so dull and so reliant on counters and that is just not sustainable.

We cannot defend set-pieces. At all. We have conceded six goals this season in the league from set-pieces. Why has he ripped up one of the best factors from our play last season?

Why do we not even try to build moves? What do they do in training that means they can't pass under any pressure? And that's the same for the new players too. Why is he leaving Rondon on all game, carrying that utter carthorse that he had a hard on for bringing in.

Hes on a wind up. So close to making him my first ever person on ignore.

Bring someone in who is young and hungry and doesn't alienate over half the fambase.

Potter was who I would have gone for.

We also need to decide who recruits players. It cant be a combo of board, chairman, DOF, and manager. Its either the manager or DOF.
We've decided that already mate, it's Benitez.

Brands is now basically an overpaid, glorified scout who also negotiates contracts (and was a big reason Small left the club, btw, despite all the 'rat' shouts).

Hes on a wind up. So close to making him my first ever person on ignore.

I like him as a poster but I'm close if I can do it in just this thread. He can't be serious anymore.

But then again I've seen it on Twitter. People who are saying Benitez can't be to blamed at all.

No, if you lose 5-2 anywhere, the manager takes his share of the blame. Nevermind at home to friggin Watford.

Ey?

You say he had nothing to work with but this is what we have so he HAS to work with them, FFS. Gbamin. He's the only midfielder we have atm in reserve so he HAS to be used.

You see this is what makes me laugh - he had a crap CB, a bloke who's played 2 games in over 2 years and a kid who's only on the bench as we have abar 8 injuries.

That isn't good enough for the Premier League unless your aim is to stay up.

Some are moaning and demanding us keeping up with the top 6 clubs with THOSE options.

And even better they genuinely believe in their deluded brains that any other manager such as Graham Potter or Eddie Howe or Ten Hag or whoever would get a tune out of those players.

At some point reality needs to slap you good and hard in the face and realise Everton Football Club doesn't have many good players and today 4 out of our 5 best players on paper did not start that game (with the 5th being the GK).

Blame the manager over small things fachts are those players are cowards and perpetual let downs and we've been here saying the same things over 5 different managers now - do you want to make that 6? 7?

When will the penny finally drop? Are we going to be slamming Potter in 12 months time because he played Iwobi over Mr Glass as a 3rd CM? really.

I like him as a poster but I'm close if I can do it in just this thread. He can't be serious anymore.

But then again I've seen it on Twitter. People who are saying Benitez can't be to blamed at all.

No, if you lose 5-2 anywhere, the manager takes his share of the blame. Nevermind at home to friggin Watford.
I'm extremely frustrated tonight but I cant take anyone who supports Benitez seriously. This isn't Everton. This isn't the club I grew up hoping would come good one day and defended to every one of my red or united mates.

We're a laughing stock with an inept manager who had his best days 15 years ago and is idolised by our far superior rivals. We're just a total joke.

This is never going to work. Anyone who tells me to have patience or support the manager is going to get a short answer from me. Its a no. I will never accept that this will work because I've seen enough Everton to know it won't.

Today was a shambles from the manager. Worse than anything we saw under Koeman or Silva. The idea we cant question the biggest collapse in our recent history just shows how far we have fallen and that our supporters no longer hold the club to any standards.

This isn't my club. I like very little about us. There is nothing to be optimistic about.

Ripping that up shows a very arrogant approach
Even considering the Everton job was arrogant from him, let alone applying for it.
In his post match interview he threw Gordon under the bus by saying he had no 90 minutes in him just to avoid being blamed for this ridiculous sub. Well, if that is the case really, it would be interesting to understand what has our highly paid managerial staff been doing for the last 5 months if they can' t get a 20 year old lad who hasn' t had any major injuries in good physical shape.

Even considering the Everton job was arrogant from him, let alone applying for it.
In his post match interview he threw Gordon under the bus by saying he had no 90 minutes in him just to avoid being blamed for this ridiculous sub. Well, if that is the case really, it would be interesting to understand what has our highly paid managerial staff been doing for the last 5 months if they can' t get a 20 year old lad who hasn' t had any major injuries in good physical shape.
That comment about Gordon was a disgrace. Throwing the young lad under the bus like that is out of order. Especially when his signing Rondon is tired after 10 minutes every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back