2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which he didn’t need to do as we were 2-1 up, he needed an extra body to protect the defence and see the game out

Which he would have dine had Gomes or Doucoure been fit but he had no one but Gbamin who by accounts is off in January which suggests he's physically done at this level.

You could say "well whys he on the bench" but we couldn't name a full bench anyway so im sure he had to put him in incase of an emergency like Allan and Davies both breaking down.

You'll not see Gbamin play a single game unless an emergency as he's physically shot to pieces - he got the run around by a Championship Huddersfield team in the cup and people are demanding the lad come on and shield the back 4!!! lol

Crazy that people can’t just apportion blame to every single person involved, including the manager and ALL the players. No one should be escaping criticism, they all contributed.
Correct

Every single one of them is to blame.

Unfortunately we have a manager who is happy to throw a young lad under the bus in an interview to defend his own strange decisions.

The squad will never be overhauled under benitez. The changes we need will never happen

Of course he has influence but you're basically saying the players are robots and anything that goes wrong is on the manager which is bollox

Pickford hands Origi a RS derby win - was that on T Rex arms or Silva?

Michael Keane getting bullied all game by a CF who's yet to score a goal - is that on chug head or Benitez?

Had Benitez changed formation or took a CF off for a CB or CB off for another forward and it backfired then by all mean level the blame at him - ultimately he took off one wide player for another and the likes of Davies, Keane, Godfrey and Digne fall to pieces at the first sign of pressure.

We've been here time and time again questioning the mentality of the squad but lets sack the new manager who's been here 9 games and was barely backed - go get some 38 year old "progressive" manager from Portugal like Zat wishes - im sure that'll be a quick fix that wouldn't end in disaster once the honeymoon period is over and said cowardly players revert to type.

Thankfully I trust Usmanov to give this fella time and money to rebuild the squad instead of pandering to the neanderthals wishes. Our fanbase are Geordies these days booing a sub when 1-1 said it all embarassing.
So as usual you go someone questioning the performance of the manager straight to me advocating him getting sacked , you’re having an argument I’m not making .

I’ll make it easy for you , do you think the Manager got it right yesterday ? No rambling origi anecdotes or stuff about geordies or tony Pulis . Did the manager get the decisions right ? If you’d answer is no then he can be criticised which is what some of us are doing and if the answer is yes then I think you’re Probably beyond saying .

If it helps the process along the players were , by and large pretty dreadful and certainly don’t get a free pass .

Tbh that doesnt tell the whole story. We were lucky not to take a few batterings at home last year. Even burnley played us off the pitch.
Clinging on for life last season in so many home games but not getting battered is a very fine line.
It goes deeper than that.

The performances were terrible but we did defend our own box better which saved a few hammerings and sneaked a few results. That's something that could be levelled at Rafael but fans wanted the team to get forward more and without being given the money to strengthen (and no Richarlison or DCL most of the season so far) we'll get bad games and results here and there.

I'm not attacking anyone. I'm calling out the hypocrisy. I haven't said players aren't to blame at all, what I'm pointing out is that admonishing benitez of blame in loss but showering him with praise after a win is ridiculous and feeds an agenda, whatever that agenda is.

And actually, it doesn't really ruin my "angle of attack" because you adding a bit of praise in for the players after a decent result, still doesn't explain your complete throwing of them under a bus after a loss while at the same time not putting any of it on the person who manages them and whose job it is to get them to see out a game who is apparently a tactical genius.

A lot of poor players on the pitch yesterday, but arguably the poorest were the striker he insisted we signed and the player he brought on as a sub to try and see out the game when it was clear we need to pack the midfield.

Did I agree with benitez management of the game? No.

Do I think the vast majority of the reason we were so poor is because of the players and their attitude. Yes
Make no mistake this is a poor team but what makes them so poor is their mentality

You see this is what makes me laugh - he had a crap CB, a bloke who's played 2 games in over 2 years and a kid who's only on the bench as we have abar 8 injuries.

That isn't good enough for the Premier League unless your aim is to stay up.

Some are moaning and demanding us keeping up with the top 6 clubs with THOSE options.

And even better they genuinely believe in their deluded brains that any other manager such as Graham Potter or Eddie Howe or Ten Hag or whoever would get a tune out of those players.

At some point reality needs to slap you good and hard in the face and realise Everton Football Club doesn't have many good players and today 4 out of our 5 best players on paper did not start that game (with the 5th being the GK).

Blame the manager over small things fachts are those players are cowards and perpetual let downs and we've been here saying the same things over 5 different managers now - do you want to make that 6? 7?

When will the penny finally drop? Are we going to be slamming Potter in 12 months time because he played Iwobi over Mr6 Glass as a 3rd CM? really.

We had
England's number 1
Ireland Capt
Regular England player till recent
Upcoming England centre half
French left back
Allan
Gray and Townsend - 2 of our best players
Brazilian number 9 off the bench .

How much more does the waiter need to beat a newly promoted side

So you were there yesterday and were made up we took our biggest attacking threat off? Just coz Rafael is a master tactician?

If Anthony Gordon is our biggest attacking threat with a grand total of 0 goals and 0 assists then doesn't that speak volumes of the quality of squad the manager has to work with?

Its not like Klopp taking Salah off is it?

If Anthony Gordon is our biggest attacking threat with a grand total of 0 goals and 0 assists then doesn't that speak volumes of the quality of squad the manager has to work with?

Its not like Klopp taking Salah off is it?
Stop avoiding the question. Was Anthony Gordon not our most threatening player yesterday? The manager got it wrong, he deserves criticism for it. I don’t see what relevance Liverpool have to this conversation, or comparing Anthony Gordon to the best player in the world at the moment.

We had
England's number 1
Ireland Capt
Regular England player till recent
Upcoming England centre half
French left back
Allan
Gray and Townsend - 2 of our best players
Brazilian number 9 off the bench .

How much more does the waiter need to beat a newly promoted side
Definitive proof that any old clown gets a chance at international football these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.