2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean relegation , that is never going to be an option for the board. That is when the manager gets replaced if that is a realistic scenario.

I mean accept that the squad is terrible based on their involvement over the years. So the team doing badly is less of a concern now knowing the situation , with hope that January and a bit of free money can change things.

It's always theoretical though isn't it?

You named 2 teams there that aren't Brentford or Everton as a comparison when in football, it doesn't work like that.

Fact is , you expected this team to beat brentford. You expected us to be better than them and come away with 3 points. Nothing wrong with that, but in the bigger picture, if these players were getting better results, there would be less need to replace them. A midfield made up of injury prone players would be fine if we were winning. Creatively with the likes of iwobi would be fine , rondon would be a good signing etc.

Can't have it both ways. Either the players aren't good enough or they are and we are massively under performing. Both the players and the manager can be criticised but at some point people need to accept the reality of things. We know the squad is one of the worst in the league away from recently promoted clubs. Some think our manager is past it and part of the problem.

With all that being considered, why do you expect to beat Brentford?
No I used Brentford as an example. My point isn’t that we should have beat Brentford, an individual game can always throw up an odd result. My point is that we are consistently failing to beat teams that are not out of our league and I think it’s ridiculous to say nobody could do better than that. We have 2 points from 7 games in a run that is a long way from being the toughest imaginable, saying nobody could do better than that is just bizarre.

Indeed. Blame Moshiri, Brands and the manager turnover for the turds we have.

There's been nobody competent in charge of a plan over several years since Moshiri arrived. We're paying the price for that now.

Sacking Benitez just resets that cycle once again, back to square one.
I do blame Moshiri and Brands, I've been saying for months that Moshiri will ruin us, but our current form and recent points tally has to be, in part, on the manager. Today's team selection, tactics and performance were as woeful as they were predictable. Accepting defeats against injury depleted newly promoted sides as inevitable is shameful and should never be acceptable at this club. And, by the way, Benitez has signed Salomon Rondon three times, so I'm not having the idea that he isn't responsible for him being here and stinking out the joint. 2 year contract with an option for a third [shakes head].

I don't mean relegation , that is never going to be an option for the board. That is when the manager gets replaced if that is a realistic scenario.
But he is in virtually the same position points and gameswise into the season as Silva was when he got sacked because relegation was apparently a possibility and we needed allardyce to "save us". Its so similar to the point of Silva lost his last 3 games in charge, with a hammering to Liverpool in his final game.

Difference is, Silva got the players on side for his first season and finished 8th. Benitez hasn't even got the players on side 15 games in to his first season if you believe his fanboys on here saying its the players fault for downing tools and letting him down.

No I used Brentford as an example. My point isn’t that we should have beat Brentford, an individual game can always throw up an odd result. My point is that we are consistently failing to beat teams that are not out of our league and I think it’s ridiculous to say nobody could do better than that. We have 2 points from 7 games in a run that is a long way from being the toughest imaginable, saying nobody could do better than that is just bizarre.
It's still separating reality and fantasy though all things considered. We can't say our players aren't good enough but at the same time expect better results. At some point, the two cross over and you either end up with a team over performing or a team right where they deserve to be.

So if you want better, you want a manager who can take average at best players and have them playing consistently over their ability together. Easier said than done to find that in the game.

But he is in virtually the same position points and gameswise into the season as Silva was when he got sacked because relegation was apparently a possibility and we needed allardyce to "save us". Its so similar to the point of Silva lost his last 3 games in charge, with a hammering to Liverpool in his final game.

Difference is, Silva got the players on side for his first season and finished 8th. Benitez hasn't even got the players on side 15 games in to his first season if you believe his fanboys on here saying its the players fault for downing tools and letting him down.
Allardyce replaced Koeman not Silva.

You dont think having just £1.7M is relevant here.

What IS your point?
I don't use as a defence of this waste of space that you and others are doing.

Quoting the same amount over and over adds nothing to the case for the defence of him, has he been hamstrung by it, of course, is it an excuse for his inability to see an opportunity to take it to Brentford who were there for the taking 2nd half and bring some keen, eager lads into the fray to at least try and salvage something?

No it bloody well isn't. He is done so stick your 1.7 million where the sun don't shine, it's not acceptable.

It’s funny how after 3 games it was - ‘Benitez is improving these players, and making them work much harder’ and now it’s ‘Benitez can’t do a thing with these dreadful lazy players’.
It's almost as if they spin the current circumstances to create a narrative, they wouldn't do that though only the "noisy minority" have an agenda.

We'll find out on Weds if it's a minority.

It's still separating reality and fantasy though all things considered. We can't say our players aren't good enough but at the same time expect better results. At some point, the two cross over and you either end up with a team over performing or a team right where they deserve to be.

So if you want better, you want a manager who can take average at best players and have them playing consistently over their ability together. Easier said than done to find that in the game.
I think this team is poor but I don’t think it’s so poor that it should concede 5 at home to Watford. I don’t think I’m living in fantasy land but fair enough if you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.