Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i very much doubt stones will be here next season
I'm expecting a transfer request first week after the final game, or first week back from the Euros when England gets knocked out. His head "doesn't look in it" at Everton anymore to me.

Don't want to lose any of our young guns, but the other 3 are more irreplaceable I feel.

Funes Mori has been good so far.

I'm expecting a transfer request first week after the final game, or first week back from the Euros when England gets knocked out. His head "doesn't look in it" at Everton anymore to me.

Don't want to lose any of our young guns, but the other 3 are more irreplaceable I feel.

Funes Mori has been good so far.
as much as i want to keep stones, and have him be here with barkley and for many years i just don't think he wants to be here.

if we can get 55-60m for him somehow you really can't do much else, re-invest it into the squad, and get rid of dead wood.

as much as i want to keep stones, and have him be here with barkley and for many years i just don't think he wants to be here.

if we can get 55-60m for him somehow you really can't do much else, re-invest it into the squad, and get rid of dead wood.

Wow. Really? How much would that make Barkley and Lukaku worth then?

Edit. We shouldn't discuss that in here though mate

@kithnou @AaronTheBlue

One thing to remember is that Mori is a left sided centre back and has Galloway coming through behind him as well.

For me, this position is filled with those two players.

Theyre different types of LCB's themselves so when looking at partners for say Mori, would that partner actually gel with Galloway?

The right sided partner options at the moment are Jagielka and Stones. We also have Browning and Holgate as well to come through, based purely and solely that we paid a fee for Holgate i would say he would be seen as Jags long term successor.

For the "now" Stones is recognised as potentially one of the best centre backs in the world. It would be foolish to think about selling him based upon recent games (and howard calamities) and we need to keep him at all costs.

However, bear in mind that if we did sell Stones then we would then need to replace him and have only Jags as a RCB who will be 34 years old by next season and could do a Distin.

Martinez prioriities at centre back should be:

A -- Get Galloway games on loan
B -- Bring Holgate through same as Galloway was
C -- Keep Mori as first choice LCB
D -- Get another season out of Stones (at least)

The issues are then only if Holgate can replace Jags in a season or two + if we can keep Stones.

With revenues being £50mil ish higher now from TV the price for Stones at say £60mil would be the bare minimum we should be looking at.

Pep Guardiola and Martinez both have systems which require ball playing centre backs, how rare are these types?

Mori himself and Galloway will be even better next season and Stones also + we simply need to go for top 4 next season and keep Mori / Galloway / Jags / Stones intact and bring through Holgate.

However, bear in mind that if we did sell Stones then we would then need to replace him and have only Jags as a RCB who will be 34 years old by next season and could do a Distin.

Good point this about Jags, he has been awesome for Everton but at some point he will only be a shadow of that player, i just hope when that time comes we don't have to reply on him too much as it would be a real shame if he was still being depended on as the main man at the back but could no longer cut it.
He needs to be fazed out at some point and i think Mori can help him do that.

Good point this about Jags, he has been awesome for Everton but at some point he will only be a shadow of that player, i just hope when that time comes we don't have to reply on him too much as it would be a real shame if he was still being depended on as the main man at the back but could no longer cut it.
He needs to be fazed out at some point and i think Mori can help him do that.

Well, he's been RCB for most of his career but when Terry was banned by the national team he moved to LCB for them and also after Distin was replaced by Stones he then moved to LCB for us.

One of the interesting things about Mori was that he wasnt so highly rated but apparently just kept improving year on year to the point where now hes with us and looks better than a £30+ Otemendi or a Rojo for Argentina.

If Mori steps up another gear and cuts out the basic errors he makes (which is expected as he adjusts to the league) then he edges out Jags for me.

This season its good to rotate him,Jags and Stones but we do need a settled partnership and i think the way go go next season is Mori and Stones which has a Puyol / Pique flavour.

With Mori and Galloway were set for a decade. My concern as you mentioned is a 34 year old Jags and a £60mil Stones.

@kithnou @AaronTheBlue

One thing to remember is that Mori is a left sided centre back and has Galloway coming through behind him as well.

For me, this position is filled with those two players.

Theyre different types of LCB's themselves so when looking at partners for say Mori, would that partner actually gel with Galloway?

The right sided partner options at the moment are Jagielka and Stones. We also have Browning and Holgate as well to come through, based purely and solely that we paid a fee for Holgate i would say he would be seen as Jags long term successor.

For the "now" Stones is recognised as potentially one of the best centre backs in the world. It would be foolish to think about selling him based upon recent games (and howard calamities) and we need to keep him at all costs.

Martinez prioriities at centre back should be:

A -- Get Galloway games on loan
B -- Bring Holgate through same as Galloway was
C -- Keep Mori as first choice LCB
D -- Get another season out of Stones (at least)

The issues are then only if Holgate can replace Jags in a season or two + if we can keep Stones.

With revenues being £50mil ish higher now from TV the price for Stones at say £60mil would be the bare minimum we should be looking at.

Pep Guardiola and Martinez both have systems which require ball playing centre backs, how rare are these types?

Mori himself and Galloway will be even better next season and Stones also + we simply need to go for top 4 next season and keep Mori / Galloway / Jags / Stones intact and bring through Holgate.
I agree with all that. Brilliant writing. I haven't once contemplated the sale of John Stones and have repeatedly said we must keep all our young guns as a priority.

Get a top class keeper into that side and we are top four. Three quality players away from doing a Leicester, unless the Manager factor plays a negative role.

I agree with all that. Brilliant writing. I haven't once contemplated the sale of John Stones and have repeatedly said we must keep all our young guns as a priority.

Get a top class keeper into that side and we are top four. Three quality players away from doing a Leicester, unless the Manager factor plays a negative role.

I think we need to bring in a GK even if Robles performs (as howard will be off) and then it just depends on whether thats an experienced guy to sit on the bench or a young player to develop. Personally though i would be all out for Butland even if it cost £30mil and if we missed out on him then a Jordan Pickford at Sunderland whose possibly the next Butland -- need to get in pure quaility so there is major competition.

Id also look at Barry being 35 and cleverley competing with niasse on the left means Besic and McCarthy are our only CMs so we need another player there.

Of course then Lukaku up top only has Kone as backup and we really need him to have competition for his place.

I think also Yarmolenko can play across the front so thats an option with Niasse also competing with Lukaku and Cleverley central.

So yes, i agree with the 3 players needed :)

Mori is looking good now but i think will look even better with a top notch keeper behind him as well as two more central players in the spine which would take the team ip a level.

I think we need to bring in a GK even if Robles performs (as howard will be off) and then it just depends on whether thats an experienced guy to sit on the bench or a young player to develop. Personally though i would be all out for Butland even if it cost £30mil and if we missed out on him then a Jordan Pickford at Sunderland whose possibly the next Butland -- need to get in pure quaility so there is major competition.

Id also look at Barry being 35 and cleverley competing with niasse on the left means Besic and McCarthy are our only CMs so we need another player there.

Of course then Lukaku up top only has Kone as backup and we really need him to have competition for his place.

I think also Yarmolenko can play across the front so thats an option with Niasse also competing with Lukaku and Cleverley central.

So yes, i agree with the 3 players needed :)

Mori is looking good now but i think will look even better with a top notch keeper behind him as well as two more central players in the spine which would take the team ip a level.
Stop agreeing with me mate. Not healthy. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back