Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thread!

Although I too have enjoyed Mr. Martinez's hi-tempo pass and movement game, I'm afraid the time has come to revert to what we know best.

Which is why I wholeheartedly agree with a return to the 'Dogs of War' midfield, coupled with a 4-4-2 formation and a partnership of Funes-Mori up front with Rom, especially if we persist with a long ball game like yesterday.

IMHO, this would not only halt the steady slide in the table, but see is right through To the final. Not pretty, and probably goes against the grain, but when needs must...

Ironically, it might also save his job.

Serious question, is he our 2nd best striker?

Hi Kithnou,

I take your point seriously.

Please see my post above, written after the Man U game.

Apologies if anyone finds the final line offensive.

Every game he plays I love him a little bit more. It's been far too long since we had a centre back who chipped in with a decent amount of goals in a seaaon. Lescott is the last one I can remember with a decent goal return.

Considering this is his first season in England, I think he's had a storming season, by no means perfect, but generally defends first, worries about playing nice square passes across the back later.

If it were up to me he'd be the first name on the team sheet next Saturday.

Every game he plays I love him a little bit more. It's been far too long since we had a centre back who chipped in with a decent amount of goals in a seaaon. Lescott is the last one I can remember with a decent goal return.

Considering this is his first season in England, I think he's had a storming season, by no means perfect, but generally defends first, worries about playing nice square passes across the back later.

If it were up to me he'd be the first name on the team sheet next Saturday.

Agreed , a very solid start to his career here. Still a bit suseptable to smaller players running beyond him, but when the games in front of him ,non better.

CgL3kzBWcAAEW9P.jpg:large

Second best left-footed in the world?

He at least gives our woeful corners a chance of a goal !
I think he's been good this year considering he's young / new culture and our back line and goalkeeper issues this season. He will make some poor choices and passes each game ( much like Yobo when he started with us ) but he has loads of potential and he is one of the very few that appear to care when on the pitch !
He will bag one at Wembley!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back