Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ramiro Funes Mori

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure this is the right place for a history lesson but,

Hong Kong was only ever borrowed from China on a 99 year lease from 1898 and was always going to be handed back, giving affected people plenty of time to plan ahead and organise their affairs.

The Falklands was about the right to self determination. British citizens going back over 300 years since the Falklands were first colonised had established British culture, English language and British sovereignty over the islands in perpetuity. The Falkland Islanders are as British as Scousers - and probably easier to understand!

Not sure this is the right place for a history lesson but,

Hong Kong was only ever borrowed from China on a 99 year lease from 1898 and was always going to be handed back, giving affected people plenty of time to plan ahead and organise their affairs.

The Falklands was about the right to self determination. British citizens going back over 300 years since the Falklands were first colonised had established British culture, English language and British sovereignty over the islands in perpetuity. The Falkland Islanders are as British as Scousers - and probably easier to understand!
Strictly Hong Kong island was ceded in perpetuity in 1842, more was then ceded in 1860 in perpetuity, the rest of Hong Kong and the surrounding islands were then leased for 99 years. However the British government agreed in 1984 to return the territories ceded in perpetuity once the lease on the rest of Hong Kong expired.

Strictly Hong Kong island was ceded in perpetuity in 1842, more was then ceded in 1860 in perpetuity, the rest of Hong Kong and the surrounding islands were then leased for 99 years. However the British government agreed in 1984 to return the territories ceded in perpetuity once the lease on the rest of Hong Kong expired.

Absolutely correct. I was actually in Hong Kong regularly from 1984 onwards (still am) and was trying to keep the comparison simple without destroying the integrity of the statement.

But, yes, you are quite right.

Self-determination is a fundamental human right as per the UN Charter, and the people of the Falkland Islands want to stay British. Just as they have been for hundreds of years.

I like Funes Mori, but he shouldn't be getting involved in things that he knows nothing about.

What kind of accent do people from the Flaklands have? would it be a classic English pronounciation or more of a South American tilt to it?

Probably not the smartest thing to do when he takes English money every week and lives a fantastic life over here.

His tweet however isn’t suddenly going to make the Falklands Argentinian so I’m personally writing it off to him just being a brainless footballer like the rest of them.

Probably not the smartest thing to do when he takes English money every week and lives a fantastic life over here.

His tweet however isn’t suddenly going to make the Falklands Argentinian so I’m personally writing it off to him just being a brainless footballer like the rest of them.

Him earning money over here (for a job he does, its not like he is claiming benefits) has got nothing to do with anything though.

Him earning money over here (for a job he does, its not like he is claiming benefits) has got nothing to do with anything though.
Maybe not to you, but for other people it is hence some of the venom he’s getting.

He’s thick if he didn’t think this was going to happen

Maybe not to you, but for other people it is hence some of the venom he’s getting.

He’s thick if he didn’t think this was going to happen

Its obviously something he cares about so I doubt he is bothered about the reaction. Certainly doesn't make him thick.

I have no doubt it is an issue for other people that he makes money here. Those type of people worry me to be honest.

Its obviously something he cares about so I doubt he is bothered about the reaction. Certainly doesn't make him thick.

I have no doubt it is an issue for other people that he makes money here. Those type of people worry me to be honest.
Well if it’s overwhelmingly negative and most of his own fans dislike him for it imo it does make him thick. Just save it for when you’ve retired, not when you’re meant to be making your Everton comeback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back