Rank our recent managers.

….Benitez definitely the worst because of the disruption he caused on and off the pitch.

I stand by my view that Dyche should go down as one of the all time best if we’re still in the top flight next season. I’d actually only have Catterick and Kendall ahead of him in terms of achievement.

If there was a trophy for finishing 10 points ahead of Luton Town, then every manager we have ever employed would have won it.

Rank our recent managers in order from least to most favorable.

- Benitez
- Allardyce
- Koeman
- Lampard
- Dyche
- Martinez
- Silva
- Moyes
- Ancelotti
The stand out statistic from that list is the time span of all those appointees.
It covers 22 years. 9 managers in 22 yrs with one of them being in post for eleven of them.
No wonder we're goosed.

The stand out statistic from that list is the time span of all those appointees.
It covers 22 years. 9 managers in 22 yrs with one of them being in post for eleven of them.
No wonder we're goosed.
was thinking that,
then read that Sunderland are on 22 in 22 years.
It is a big turnover but it's surely not that uncommon in the modern game.
Maybe more consistency with the DoF is key. We've had 3 in 9 years i suppose.

Lampard did good work keeping the team up in 21/22.

It really wasn't a given at all as Burnley had a really good end to the season when they put Jackson in as caretaker and Leeds had a bounce when Marsch first came in.

Was the team any better than it was now? Mina and DCL were constantly injured and Kenny was a regular full back. Midfield a complete mess and Gordon wasn't that proven at that stage.

He'd taken over after FSW had just led the team to a defeat at Norwich so was as fragile as you could get on the road.

It's a bit like Hodgson at Palace and endless other managers who do a decent short term job, the club feels obliged to keep them on the next season and then all the decent work quickly unravels the next season and it descends into mutiny.

So of course we'd be near the bottom based on general results but was completely different situation to say Silva leaving the club in bottom 3 when he was sacked which was really disappointing given his solid first season and then the signings in summer 2019 when serious money was spent.

Guess Koeman was tough to warm to but I enjoyed 2016/17 and then it was just a terrible summer transfer window and he was on a hiding to nothing with the actual options he had in the final third. I personally would've given him a couple more months.