Rank our recent managers.

Not including our current manager as too much going on:

1. Moyes
2. Martinez, one great season, 2 poor ones,but we looked likely in cups and perhaps deserved a chance to spend
3. Carlo, would likely have been 2 had he been here a bit longer
4. Allardyce, hate him, but was competent and did his job
5. Silva, didn't wanna put him lower than Allardyce, but he had money to spend. Probably should have just stuck with him as he's proven himself to be a good manager, we had a way of playing, and realistically never would have went down. His inability to manage bad runs was horrendous though.
6. Lampard, awful, only ranking him above Benitez as I like the guy and he did have to navigate most of tenure without Richarlison and DCL being injured a lot
7. Benitez, just an awful appointment. The height of arrogance from Moshiri. He was yesterday's man when we signed him. Came in and ripped the club apart.
8. Koeman, probably seems mad to have him down the bottom, especially as his first season was alright. But my main problem is that everything wrong with us since Moshiri has been a ripple effect of his terrible summer of recruitment. Added to the fact that he was an arrogant cnt just seels the deal for me.

Lampard
Benitez
Koeman
Allardyce
Dyche
Martinez
Silva
Moyes
Ancelotti

Silva and Moyes might be a draw for me. Silva had more money to spend but Moyes was given more time. We won't know what Silva might have done given more time (unless he comes back?) and same with Moyes if he had as much money to spend as Silva did.

As ridiculous as it obviously was, I would put Benitez above Lampard. At least with Benitez he had experience at the highest level. Lampard was just amateur hour rubbish.

The football Moyes’s best teams played was better than anything Martinez produced. A lot of Martinez’s points in his first season we basically keeping games at 0-0 through sterile possession then bringing on Pienaar Osman and Naismith off the bench to try and win it. Once he got rid of these Moyes players and lost McCarthy in midfield, neither part of that formula worked.

Moyes’s team with Lescott Jagielka Baines Pienaar Osman Arteta Cahill Yakubu would wipe the floor with any of the teams those other managers would put out.

I’d still argue that Arteta Osman Pienaar and Baines as they are today could probably outplay our current first 11.

The football Moyes’s best teams played was better than anything Martinez produced. A lot of Martinez’s points in his first season we basically keeping games at 0-0 through sterile possession then bringing on Pienaar Osman and Naismith off the bench to try and win it. Once he got rid of these Moyes players and lost McCarthy in midfield, neither part of that formula worked.

Moyes’s team with Lescott Jagielka Baines Pienaar Osman Arteta Cahill Yakubu would wipe the floor with any of the teams those other managers would put out.

I’d still argue that Arteta Osman Pienaar and Baines as they are today could probably outplay our current first 11.
Felli announced his retirement earlier this month. Dyche should give him a call - he would still create chances for DLC and Beto, while scoring more than the pair of them put together.

(most to least)

Ancelotti - made us dream
Moyes - stable but unambitious
Martinez - exciting but flawed
Silva - Martinez-lite
Dyche - dour and pragmatic, but horrible circumstances
Allardyce - just dour and pragmatic
Benitez - horrible from start to finish and a red
Lampard - completely and utterly out of his depth

I think it is easy to forget how utterly tragic we were under Lampard. I liked him as a person, but dear lord he was unfit to manage at this level.

Lampard bottom regardless. An embarrassment

As ridiculous as it obviously was, I would put Benitez above Lampard. At least with Benitez he had experience at the highest level. Lampard was just amateur hour rubbish.

Nope. At least Lampard had a moment and achieved something by keeping us up (even if he was partly responsible for us being in that position).

What did fat kecks do? Created a poisonous atmosphere that we've never recovered from and chased our best players out of the club.

The day he walked through the door is the darkest in Everton's history.