Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluejock

Boss coat aficionado
Right, time for a wee vent. Either pin your ears back and listen in, or go pop the kettle on and come back in an hour.

Firstly, a wee disclaimer. I'm not a season ticket holder, haven't been since 07-08 when I moved back to Jocksville. As such, I won't moan about wasting my hard earned cash. However, Everton are still my team, and my one true love. I feel this entitles me to a bit of a whinge.

I'll start with David Moyes. What this man has done for our club in the past 10 years, the way he's dragged us from the mire of the Smith days is nothing short of remarkable, especially given the fact that he's working on the budget (comparatively) of a primary school end of term play. We as Evertonians owe this man a huge debt of gratitude.

Today however proved that, although good in the transfer market, and shrewd tactically when things are going well, he is completely inept when up against it in a match. Let's not ignore the fact that we were playing at home against a newly promoted side, short on confidence after a 4-0 tanking last week. We had three strikers available to play so to start with Beckford up top on his own was a bit daft in the first place.

Then the usual happens. We batter them for 30 minutes, striking the woodwork, pressing hard for the opener. On a rare foray into our half they go one nil up and content themselves to sit back, 10 men behind the ball a la Wolves, Reading, Stoke, Wigan.... We push for a leveller before the break but to no avail.

Half time, perfect for a sub. Cahill had missed a sitter, generally off his game, so why not stick Saha on then? maybe give Beckford a little bit more support, come out at them hard after the break? Nope, let's leave it a while. Ok, I'll agree with subbing Rodwell for Arteta, Jack looked devoid of confidence today and we lacked creativity. It was the second sub that makes me think DM isn't cut out for top level management.

Why bring off your solitary striker and replace him with a player who is, for all intents and purposes a DEFENSIVE midfielder? I don't think anyone on this forum could give a plausible reason for that? Inexcusable in my eyes.

So there you go. In my eyes, DM has "taken us as far as he can" if that's how you want to put it. Some of you may agree, some may disagree, that's the fun of the forum kids, let me know! Call me a **** if that's how you feel, I just needed a wee vent that didn't involve animal cruelty and since Mrs Jock ****ed off into the distance a month ago, I've got no one at home to listen to my demented babblings.

Oh, and don't get me started on the board......

Thoughts?

*curls up in foetal position drinking bleach and mumbling something about "Jol would've won"

Yep, agree with all of that. But I'd also say that whilst he's taken us as far as he can, I don't think we'll get relegated with him in charge, and that's what we need to be fearing now.

If we get investment and have genuine money to spend to compete with the top eight, then in my view Moyes should be given one year then sacked when he fails to deliver. But until then he's literally the best we can do.

Moyes survives the criticism because Kenwright is in charge, its Moyes job to have the players ready for the start of the season and year after year we have a slow start to the season. Today he started with the wrong team and made the wrong substitutions at the wrong time.

Yep, agree with all of that. But I'd also say that whilst he's taken us as far as he can, I don't think we'll get relegated with him in charge, and that's what we need to be fearing now.

If we get investment and have genuine money to spend to compete with the top eight, then in my view Moyes should be given one year then sacked when he fails to deliver. But until then he's literally the best we can do.

Totally agree with that mate, very good point.

£3M per annum and you cant outwit a neanderthal like Neil Warnock. Something's wrong somewhere.

I'd probably agree with this tbh.

Right, time for a wee vent. Either pin your ears back and listen in, or go pop the kettle on and come back in an hour.

Firstly, a wee disclaimer. I'm not a season ticket holder, haven't been since 07-08 when I moved back to Jocksville. As such, I won't moan about wasting my hard earned cash. However, Everton are still my team, and my one true love. I feel this entitles me to a bit of a whinge.

I'll start with David Moyes. What this man has done for our club in the past 10 years, the way he's dragged us from the mire of the Smith days is nothing short of remarkable, especially given the fact that he's working on the budget (comparatively) of a primary school end of term play. We as Evertonians owe this man a huge debt of gratitude.

Today however proved that, although good in the transfer market, and shrewd tactically when things are going well, he is completely inept when up against it in a match. Let's not ignore the fact that we were playing at home against a newly promoted side, short on confidence after a 4-0 tanking last week. We had three strikers available to play so to start with Beckford up top on his own was a bit daft in the first place.

Then the usual happens. We batter them for 30 minutes, striking the woodwork, pressing hard for the opener. On a rare foray into our half they go one nil up and content themselves to sit back, 10 men behind the ball a la Wolves, Reading, Stoke, Wigan.... We push for a leveller before the break but to no avail.

Half time, perfect for a sub. Cahill had missed a sitter, generally off his game, so why not stick Saha on then? maybe give Beckford a little bit more support, come out at them hard after the break? Nope, let's leave it a while. Ok, I'll agree with subbing Rodwell for Arteta, Jack looked devoid of confidence today and we lacked creativity. It was the second sub that makes me think DM isn't cut out for top level management.

Why bring off your solitary striker and replace him with a player who is, for all intents and purposes a DEFENSIVE midfielder? I don't think anyone on this forum could give a plausible reason for that? Inexcusable in my eyes.

So there you go. In my eyes, DM has "taken us as far as he can" if that's how you want to put it. Some of you may agree, some may disagree, that's the fun of the forum kids, let me know! Call me a **** if that's how you feel, I just needed a wee vent that didn't involve animal cruelty and since Mrs Jock ****ed off into the distance a month ago, I've got no one at home to listen to my demented babblings.

Oh, and don't get me started on the board......

Thoughts?

*curls up in foetal position drinking bleach and mumbling something about "Jol would've won"

Mostly agree with that, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.