Rate our Summer signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keane and Pickford have been very impressive. I love how calm Keane is, without taking stupid risks like Stones.

Rooney and Klaassen show moments of promise, but spoil it by losing possession with under-hit or over-hit passes, or just trying to be too clever instead of keeping it simple.

Sandro is a trier, but will definitely need to adjust to the more physical nature of the prem. Martina was useful going forward today, but looks a bit shaky defensively.

All in all a mixed bag, and I can't see it all coming together for a while. Hope they prove me wrong.

I'll hold any real judgement until they've played in the PL wearing the Royal Blue mate

thats fine, but its also ok to have a judgement of them now too ! doesnt mean we're right/wrong ! i was wondering peoples opinion now hence the post ! some people are willing to discuss their judgements now ! you're not even tho you have one ! id be happy if everyone was a 10 after the 1st season ! ;)

(Although the league season is yet to start) I'm rather underwhelmed. I never expected a direct like-for-like replacement for Lukaku but saw it as a positive in that we would change our system and spread the goals around a lot more. I would've expected a higher calibre of attacking signings to make that happen, but all we have is an untested Sandro and a well past it Rooney. That won't cut the mustard.

We've improved defensively, though I don't think it's a strong enough defence to win us tight games if we're not creating much going forward.

Hopefully Sandro and Klassen come good, but I see our overall business so far as consolidation rather than significant improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back