Match Thread Reading vs. Everton - Tuesday 22nd Sept - Capital One Cup Third Round - 20:00 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strewth. That were a bit ropey, innit? How many passes went astray in the middle? Why play a pass unless it's on? We need to learn to run with the ball when needed. Every mispass concedes possession and invites a strike on our goal, and technically i think it's our weak-point. Still, we got away with it that time..... Very difficult to choose any motm though.

Same here, hated it since I was a kid and we lost to that shower across the park. I have never given it much respect as a competition, but we need a trophy. Made up to beat Reading, been a pain them over the last few years. Arsenal made hard work of them in the Semi last year so good result. Just concerned about Stones, he was playing so well. Typical.

I've hated it since the 1977 final cost me a bleeding fortune.

What kind of a football team is sponsored by Waitrose? I once went in there to get some lamb chops for me tea. It was the only supermarket nearby so I was forced to use it. They were £9.69. I want the whole lamb for that and deeds for the field it grew up in.
Lamb loin chops are very expensive...about 25 dollars a kilo (about 12 quid) here in NZ. Sometimes they are on sale (not often though) and you can buy them at about half the price. When I see them on sale, I buy a lot and freeze them.
Shoulder chops are very cheap though...about a quarter of the price. But I am not such a big fan of them.
As an interesting aside, I am having a pork loin chop for dinner tonight.
Not a great performance by EFC but a win is a win. Plenty of work ons.
Btw, was that big Rom's worst game in an Everton jersey?...if it wasn't, he must have played some stinkers

Always going to be a tricky tie. Thought we did well with the formation, shows we can adapt more than we've been used to. Interesting times ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back