Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read a lot of yours posts the last few months dave and you make a lot of sense and I agree with most of what you say.

The one thing I never got was the obsession with Martinez. Surely you see now that he was taking the club backwards?

He was starved of funds in relation to what we saw after he was sacked.

Even so, he got us 5th, two 11th finishes and two domestic cup SFs.

I dont see that as going backwards.

We all know what going backwards really looks like now, and what happened under Martinez wasn't it.

He was starved of funds in relation to what we saw after he was sacked.

Even so, he got us 5th, two 11th finishes and two domestic cup SFs.

I dont see that as going backwards.

We all know what going backwards really looks like now, and what happened under Martinez wasn't it.

Timing is everything…..

I couldn't see Potter going to Leicester.

He'll see what his options are before jumping into a club in the relegation places.

And it takes him a while to get a club playing his way.

Yes, but look at their trajectory: 3 points won from the last 21.

Of their remaining games: I can only see maybe S'ton at home as a game they can win.

They have only lost once at City ground in six months so not like they're all just going to be automatic defeats. One of their rare away points was a battling 0-0 at Brighton so it's not impossible they could turn them over as I think it's three days after Brighton play Man. United in the FA cup so that will take plenty out of them whatever the result.

They might be playing Man. United around europa league games and we've seen today 2-3 players off the boil and they put in very mediocre performances.

If Forest win two games before final day they'll still be in the mix as Palace away on final day isn't the worst fixture in the world if you need something.

I wonder if things got worse for Wolves whether they'd pull the plug on Lopetegui. It's not been going well of late after a very decent start.

They'd be down with Southampton if they hadn't got him in. Were losing 0-4 at home to Leicester with that caretaker they had.

They seem to play better v the top sides. Won v RS and Spurs at Molineux but then lost at home to Bournemouth which has set them back. I could see them getting at least a draw v Chelsea.

Potter always seems like a manager that takes time to build a club , ultimately being successful but that not happening overnight. Chelsea being Chelsea were unsurprisingly not prepared to see that out , given the situation Leicester are in would now be the time ?
I could see Leicester going interim and Potter maybe joining in the summer if they stay up. The Chelsea statement also says he is still going to collaborate, whatever that means, so he may not be free to take up a new job yet even if he wanted to.

They have only lost once at City ground in six months so not like they're all just going to be automatic defeats. One of their rare away points was a battling 0-0 at Brighton so it's not impossible they could turn them over as I think it's three days after Brighton play Man. United in the FA cup so that will take plenty out of them whatever the result.

They might be playing Man. United around europa league games and we've seen today 2-3 players off the boil and they put in very mediocre performances.

If Forest win two games before final day they'll still be in the mix as Palace away on final day isn't the worst fixture in the world if you need something.
They could do this and they could do that. I just see their team (terrible apart from Johnson), their form in the last 7 games, and their remaining fixtures and it convinces me there's no chance they'll avoid ending up relegated. Same with S'ton.

It's our task to get the points and avoid being that team that takes up the last place. Some of the other 6 teams will maybe do better than us picking up points on the run in but I'd reject any argument that suggests ALL of them will do better than us and pick up more points. That assertion flies in the face of the facts we have to draw on since Dyche took charge.

1f937-2642.png

Most sackings ever in a Premier League season, might not be finished yet either if Forest get a squeaky bum.

I have read a lot of yours posts the last few months dave and you make a lot of sense and I agree with most of what you say.

The one thing I never got was the obsession with Martinez. Surely you see now that he was taking the club backwards?
Thing is it might of looked that way at the time but since we are much worse now, and we replaced him with Koeman, who played a massive role in our actual decline, maybe we should of stuck with him, back to back 11th was it? that would be acceptable these days

Status
Not open for further replies.