Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite the results I don’t fear for us quite honestly. We won’t be amazing by any stretch but compare us from last season to now. All last season we looked weak in arguably every position outside of goalkeeper and up top with Richarlison. Now we’re in a position where our defending looks a lot better, our midfield actually exists and we only really need some forward players to actually have a focal point in the team.

Looking at who we played Chelsea are Chelsea, they should be battering us regardless but it was actually a close game. Villa in fairness are crap at the back but they’ve got some unreal attackers and their depth is very good too. Even look who they brought on with Bailey and Buendia for Ings and Coutinho, they’d all be starting every game for us every week.

If we bring in a forward that can get just 10 goals in the season and be a nuisance and a focal point then we’ll be more than fine. Think people need to relax slightly just because we’ve lost 2 games, it doesn’t mean that we’ve lost them with terrible performances. The team doesn’t have a striker, everyone knows that and it is seemingly being addressed. Rondon isn’t very good but we looked so much better with him on, never mind if we’re actually looking to bring in someone decent.

Let’s not overreact please.

This team are poor.

Let's have that straight.

They are disjointed and passive and nowhere near a team that can be securely midtable in this division.

If they sign Adams and fail to get Gueye this week you can nail us on for a bottom 4/5 finish...and I dont mean we'll necessarily stay up either.

This team are poor.

They are disjointed and passive and nowhere near a team that can be securely midtable in this division.

If they sign Adams and fail to get Gueye this week you can nail us on for a bottom 4/5 finish...and I dont mean we'll necessarily stay up either.

Probably be us and Palace with 0 points after this round of games

This team are poor.

We need 40 Pts almost impossible to see where they will come from.

We need 40 Pts almost impossible to see where they will come from.
To avoid that we have to sign Gueye plus a really decent striker.

I have absolutely zero faith about the latter prospect and Ilm increasingly doubtful of the former.

Make no mistake: the set up the manager is perservering with and the personnel we have will get us relegated.

There is no doubt in my mind.

Despite the results I don’t fear for us quite honestly. We won’t be amazing by any stretch but compare us from last season to now. All last season we looked weak in arguably every position outside of goalkeeper and up top with Richarlison. Now we’re in a position where our defending looks a lot better, our midfield actually exists and we only really need some forward players to actually have a focal point in the team.

Looking at who we played Chelsea are Chelsea, they should be battering us regardless but it was actually a close game. Villa in fairness are crap at the back but they’ve got some unreal attackers and their depth is very good too. Even look who they brought on with Bailey and Buendia for Ings and Coutinho, they’d all be starting every game for us every week.

If we bring in a forward that can get just 10 goals in the season and be a nuisance and a focal point then we’ll be more than fine. Think people need to relax slightly just because we’ve lost 2 games, it doesn’t mean that we’ve lost them with terrible performances. The team doesn’t have a striker, everyone knows that and it is seemingly being addressed. Rondon isn’t very good but we looked so much better with him on, never mind if we’re actually looking to bring in someone decent.

Let’s not overreact please.

None of the strikers linked are decent

forest at home is already a must win

can see J Lingz dancing in front of the lower glwadys already
Anyone who thinks it isn't cant possibly have watched this club in recent times.

Imagine if we got beat or drew. The confidence will be completely gone, and the realisation will be that we're fighting for our lives again.

We need to beat Forest and beat them well.

We need to start turning performances into points

We didn’t play like a relegation candidate in either of our first two

We need goals. Defence wise I’m not as worried provided we finally have some luck with injuries
We played timidly in both and came out with no points.

That's exactly what relegation candidates do.

Getting beat by the odd goal is not a positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.