Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The league is getting weaker with each season IMO

Look at the teams in the prem next season

Bournemouth
Forest
Luton
Sheff Utd
Burnley
Palace
Fulham

All of them are relegation fodder in fact anyone team from about 9th down could be relegated.
I think the league was strong this year with 3 pretty established prem teams going. none of the newly promoted teams going. will make it a lot weaker next season because of that.

The dynamic changes next year again mate. You have to absolutely need to leave Dyche there now for two years, he will build a competitive side and a culture and we have more then a punchers chance, im very curious to see what he can do with means beyond what Burnley can offer him. The club needs stability, a culture change root and branch, balance in the squad and incremental improvement. He didnt get half a season, got a tune out of a limited unbalanced squad and brought home 21 points with awful runs of fixtures - far tougher then his predecessor. How he kept a club up in the PL without a centre forward all year is beyond me, ive never seen the like.

With the reset come August, i see many clubs regressing and could have difficult seasons - Bourmouth, Forest, Wolves, Palace could be up against it - i could see Fulham after an initial year of boom regressing when the first year shine wears - an Ivan Toney less Brentford are going to struggle to post their points tally without is goals until Jan, while be curious to see who stays and who goes at Brighton - its very hard to repeat what they do - sell their best and replace them like for like. The you look at who is coming up Burnley, Sheff Utd and Luton. Id back us to be that pragmatic side, competitive side that doesn't loose many and hits the mid to lower table and we incrementally take a step forward.

A lot will depend on the ownership situation, whether its a full take over or minority - but the club needs stability now. We have the right manager at the right time - who can more then meet the needs of stability, incremental progression and fundamentally staying in the league with a limited budget. He will compete a root and branch culture change at this club and he knows how to balance a squad. He wont get to high, he wont get to low, he will face every adversity and not moan and that will seap through the culture required in the dressing room.

As fans we need to be self aware, we need to realise the job of work the club needs and how deep of a hole we are in, its huge, its culture, its balance, its stability, its building and doing all of the above in limits. Hes earned our gratitude, and he rightly deserves to be lauded and appreciated for what he did this season - i think its incredible.

With Dyche im very confident, hes a proper football manager.
I wonder if we will have means beyond Burnley's over the next 2 seasons, I think he is probably going to have an even lower budget here next season than he had at Burnley. Even if the club is taken over it will be at least 2 years before the league will put up with us doing any more than sell to buy.

I know we have a song about knowing our history but the fact of the matter is there's a large swaft of clubs in this league that would want us down and in trouble because we're a giant of a club compared to them. Look at the league outside of United, City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea, there's not another club that could argue they're actually bigger and more successful than us, despite the fact that we've not done anything in 30 odd years.

Fans of actual irrelevant clubs like Newcastle, West Ham and others know they'll never be a club as prestigious as us, even Newcastle with their blood money now. It's literally the classic case of "they hate us, cos they ain't us" funnily enough, even in a relegation threatened spell in the past 2 years we're still a massive club. No one truly cares about any of the teams that have gone down, Leicester get talked about because they won the league but in the past 2 decades they're a Championship club, Everton would've been by far the biggest relegation, possibly in football history like Tim Howard said.

They absolutely can't take it that even in failure Everton are more of a success than most of this league.

Yep. Many clubs have had their moment in the sun over the last decade or so, and their fans have ludicrously thought they had become bigger than Everton.
Stoke, Leeds Swansea, Southampton, Leicester. Reality always bites eventually .. Will happen to Brighton soon enough too.

I don’t know Mike - why did we though ?

Dyche does deserve his share of the credit

He made some odd tactical and personnel decisions at times (Keane over Mina, Maupay over Simms) but in general he got the players to fight and that was displayed in the late goals against the likes of Spurs, Chelsea and Wolves

Basically he got the players to play beyond themselves, whilst Large Samuel and Deano Smith didn’t, hence why we stayed up and they didn’t

Just look at Leicester’s squad

Plenty of players there that you’d want in our team, but they didn’t perform and ours did

Budget is a concern. I hope Tom Cannon could make a big stride into the first team. DCL needs to regain fitness. Then any additional pickups need to strengthen the squad for peanuts. We won’t be world beater but 13th with no drama on the last months would be a breath of fresh air.

Budget is a concern. I hope Tom Cannon could make a big stride into the first team. DCL needs to regain fitness. Then any additional pickups need to strengthen the squad for peanuts. We won’t be world beater but 13th with no drama on the last months would be a breath of fresh air.

We definitely need to make use of our youth players

Given that 3 larger or more established clubs are being replaced by Burnley, Luton and Sheffield United all of which won’t be able to spend much gives a fair chance in theory
Yeah I think this is a big reason to be optimistic, probably the strongest PL season ever that as I honestly don’t think even Southampton were that far from a decent side, certainly some good players. And we survived. More of a traditional season next year I think with one or two whipping boys.

Dyche had us on 44 point pace with massive issues in the squad, even if all we do is add a good starting 9 and a bit of depth in other areas I think that improvement would be enough for a much more comfortable season.

I was so relieved, god if we had gone down, it does not bear thinking about.

Everton is not just a football club for us fans it is like family of which we are a part. As I have stated before I have been a fan since the early 60's when me Dad took me and we watched from Gwladys Street stand. Dad and Grand Dad had been fans from there young time, both sides of my family Mum and Dad have been Evertonians. We were all born in Wally Hospital and grew up in Walton, Everton is in our blood. Come weekends going to GP meant so much. I am sure many of you on here feel the same.

Everton are a big club, our big club. Moshiri et al may own the shares or be on the board but it is us the fans who own the club. WE are Everton.

Can we have Will Unwin continue covering Everton at the Guardian please and bin that Everton-hating, Kopite miserabilist Andy Hunter?

Dave, I've had this with you before. Me and Andy Hunter were close childhood mates. I've known him for over 30 years. The fella bleeds blue. Get that into your head.

Reactions: JLW

Status
Not open for further replies.