Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone wants to come in for Calvertlewin we should grab it and take the money even if he gets injury free at another club. We have fought relegation again because we have not had a forward for 2 years , we can not gamble on him any longer if we haven't learned our lesson this season by not having a goal scorer then it will be 3rd time unlucky next season,we need to go and find a striker and then we need to go and find another.
A proper club keeps him AND gets in other players to play there.

It's not DCL being injured that was the (only) problem it was the fact we had nobody else to play there.

Such a relief but we shouldn't be in this position two seasons in a row. We need to get rid of Kenwright and Co. A new board of proper sports /football professionals who know how to run a club. The rest will fall into place if that's addressed and sorted

A proper club keeps him AND gets in other players to play there.

It's not DCL being injured that was the (only) problem it was the fact we had nobody else to play there.
2years of fighting relegation is enough we can not afford to wait and see if he will be fit, the last 2years have shown that we need 2 strikers that will remain fit ,we don't want a cover in case he is out for most of the season. If he could stay fit then I have no problems with him staying but how long do we gamble on him

So looking forward to next year we have Sheff United, Luton, Nottingham Forest and Burnley, possibly others, to finish above. If not deserve to go down

Dyche on next season:

On ensuring Everton aren't in this position again next season: "There's a lot to do. There is a lot to do. But I have assured the players that they need to be ready to work. Players can get trapped in low level acceptance and there have been times where they have thought it will be alright and it won't be alright. You have to continually work for it to be alright, not just alright. You can't just accept alright, you have to strive for more. I have told the players they have to be ready because I'll be ready, trust me."

Like this a lot. The fight we've seen since he came in has been good.

Deserves another season and a few quid to spend

Yes. He's not the sexiest of signings but please...PLEASE can we have a bit of managerial continuity?

2years of fighting relegation is enough we can not afford to wait and see if he will be fit, the last 2years have shown that we need 2 strikers that will remain fit ,we don't want a cover in case he is out for most of the season. If he could stay fit then I have no problems with him staying but how long do we gamble on him
Thats what I am saying, we don't gamble on him! We get other players in and have actual options.

There is no gamble then and you dont get rid of a decent player for buttons (which is what we would get currently).

Status
Not open for further replies.