Relegation 23/24 Thread

If we dont go this season, we will 100% go next when we sell a few assests.

I don’t see it that way. I agree that our premier league status is very much in jeopardy this year. But should we stay up, I think the sale of a few players gives us the opportunity to turn things around, like when Villa sold Grealish.

Jesus that's some statement.. their 2 main forwards have 17 league goals between them, our 2 main forwards have 5 between them.

And Mike Walker finished 3rd in the Premier League once which got him the Everton job.

Luton are a Championship side and barring crippling points deductions elsewhere will be relegated.

Villa now talking about having to sell their best players to avoid breaching Prem rules mate.

And?

My point is that Villa have already had to go through that ‘having to sell their best player’ scenario in selling Grealish, and it didn’t hinder them, it helped them.

They were in our position right now before selling Grealish.

I don’t see it that way. I agree that our premier league status is very much in jeopardy this year. But should we stay up, I think the sale of a few players gives us the opportunity to turn things around, like when Villa sold Grealish.
Are we in a position to be able to buy players or will the captial be needed to blance the books?

Tell you what about Luton, they are entertaining. Play with a lot of heart, similar to that Blackpool side that got into the Prem. They really offer something to the league.

What are we offering lately? We are like the old drunk in the corner of the pub that swears at everyone and stinks of pis but refuses to leave.
That is the best description of us I have heard for a long time.

Absolutely spot on, well played sir, well played indeed.

And?

My point is that Villa have already had to go through that ‘having to sell their best player’ scenario in selling Grealish, and it didn’t hinder them, it helped them.

They were in our position right now before selling Grealish.

What happens when Emery walks because he can’t develop his team without selling his best players? The only buyers for his best players? The teams he’s trying to compete with

[Poor language removed] hell has any other team put up with such a [Poor language removed] situation as what we are in now , just problem after problem ,this season isn’t even finished yet I’m already dreading the next one , at least Leeds had a few top 4 finishes , might be just a over reaction after the result but these past few years shave easily been the worst I’ve known and include the 90s in that

Bar the cup win the 90s were rubbish when Kendall left the second time. To me that hurt more given the glorious 80s were still a relatively recent memory compared to now and also the league was slightly more of a level playing field and clubs didn't have states funding them. The innocence of Boro crying off sick for that game in 96/97 and getting three points deducted so you knew where you stood in those days compared to now combing over profit and loss balance sheets.

2000s a nearly decade.