Relegation 23/24 Thread

This is the main bit though - it's up to us.
Luton have shown fight, they've shown they can score plenty, but they've shown they WILL concede too.

Luton will pick up some more points, but for all the media fawning (and plenty of other team's fans who pat them on the head and say "aren't you a breath of fresh air, playing open football, and letting us win 6-4") they are very unlikely to put a huge run together and hit 38-40 points. Based on results so far, and their many 'great' and plucky performances, they are on track for finishing the season with under 30 points.

We have a four-point cushion over them, plus a better goal difference. If we go down, it should be due to further points deductions and nothing else.
I saw the score at half time and wrote that game off, Bournmouths win was massive for us.
Luton away is the crucial game and we need to maintain at least a 4 point gap.I can't see us getting more than another 4 point deduction but hopefully Forest get the same or more.
Who do we need to win between forest or Luton? I would say a draw suits us best.

Luton have got 5 “winnable” games at home against Forest, Bournemouth,Brentford,Everton and Fulham.
They might do it but it will be tough for them to win all those games and if they don’t beat Forest then I think they will struggle.

I saw the score at half time and wrote that game off, Bournmouths win was massive for us.
Luton away is the crucial game and we need to maintain at least a 4 point gap.I can't see us getting more than another 4 point deduction but hopefully Forest get the same or more.
Who do we need to win between forest or Luton? I would say a draw suits us best.
Almost always a draw as then only two points taken.

Luton have got 5 “winnable” games at home against Forest, Bournemouth,Brentford,Everton and Fulham.
They might do it but it will be tough for them to win all those games and if they don’t beat Forest then I think they will struggle.

They've only won 5 games all season up until now. Fair play to them if they do, but I can't see them doubling their win tally for the season in the last 10 games, especially considering how leaky their defense is.

Id wager, that sequence will be evertoned.

As in the only one they win will be against us.

But, that said, something has to change, coz at present, we can't win a raffle, with only us in the draw. They have to somehow change the narrative

Almost always a draw as then only two points taken.
Under normal circumstances I would go with that option but with a likely further points deduction in the 2-3 point range, I would not want Luton to get within one win of our points total knowing we have to play them at Kenilworth Road.
I am working on the assumption that Forest will get a 6 point deduction so less concerned if they get 3 points on Saturday.

How bad is it that we are having to do these permutations in the first place because we are not confident that Everton can get enough points themselves.

Wow I can see some people really embarrassed themselves last night before the game finished! Luton have picked up one point more than us since the turn of the year and there were people in here making out like they were like a tangoed Man City to try and make a point.

Wow I can see some people really embarrassed themselves last night before the game finished! Luton have picked up one point more than us since the turn of the year and there were people in here making out like they were like a tangoed Man City to try and make a point.

I get it, but in this instance assuming a team has won a game at 3-0 up at half time really isn’t the colossal premature bedwetting that it’s being made out to be. Only 3 times in Premier League history has a team lost from being 3-0 up, nobody could foresee that turnaround coming.

I get it, but in this instance assuming a team has won a game at 3-0 up at half time really isn’t the premature bedwetting that it’s being made out to be. Only 3 times in Premier League history has a team lost from being 3-0 up, nobody could foresee that turnaround coming.

Humans get concerned when things look bleak shocker.

I get it, but in this instance assuming a team has won a game at 3-0 up at half time really isn’t the premature bedwetting that it’s being made out to be. Only 3 times in Premier League history has a team lost from being 3-0 up, nobody could foresee that turnaround coming.
I don't mean that though I mean there were loads of posts saying oh some of us always knew Luton were really good and its obvious that Luton aren't the team we need to worry about they're going to stay up easily when they're in the same sort of form of us and have failed to beat both Sheffield United and Burnley in recent games and even people going on about how much mentally stronger and a team they are even though they've conceded 27 goals in their last 8 games and keep throwing points away from being ahead it was massive bedwetting.

I don't mean that though I mean there were loads of posts saying oh some of us always knew Luton were really good and its obvious that Luton aren't the team we need to worry about they're going to stay up easily when they're in the same sort of form of us and have failed to beat both Sheffield United and Burnley in recent games and even people going on about how much mentally stronger and a team they are even though they've conceded 27 goals in their last 8 games and keep throwing points away from being ahead it was massive bedwetting.

Fair enough. Again I think there’s a big difference between the people just giving an honest opinion, and the people whose heads genuinely fall off and start declaring us relegated off the back of it. My opinion is Luton will score enough goals to stay up, it still is despite the defeat last night. But by no means does that mean we are “down lad, finished us, Everton that”. There are other teams involved who look worse than Luton for me.