Relegation 23/24 Thread

….but we were very unlucky at Brighton and lost 4 points with goals in added time in recent weeks.

Form is a concern but the teams around us are struggling for a reason.
Be nice if could create normal goals. Since Beto’s header against West Ham, so 4 games, we had the Bournmouth and Burnley keepers gifting bizarre goals and a pen. Yes, we should have had 2 more pens, Garner hits the post etc. But we score so few self-created open play goals it’s rediculous for a team that has 35 points. Puts huge pressure to not concede, and we have been better at that than recent seasons. Doesn’t inspire confidence defending our way to safety when Luton and Brentford just try and score more than the opposition. No margin for error in our approach.

With anything other than an earth shattering deduction, it’s quite amazing it’s still in our own hands. And it very much is. We have enough buffer to grind our way to safety.

Not feeling any more confident after that performance, although I concede the result was more important than how we played today.

Simply cannot let Forest or Luton beat us and hopefully beat Sheffield, Brentford and fingers crossed we get a Chelsea when they are having a bad day.

That Luton results was not ideal. We desperately need to reach safety before the last game of the season because if we don’t then I think it will be us who go.

Not feeling any more confident after that performance, although I concede the result was more important than how we played today.

Simply cannot let Forest or Luton beat us and hopefully beat Sheffield, Brentford and fingers crossed we get a Chelsea when they are having a bad day.
I think victory of Forest and Sheffield Utd and avoiding defeat against Luton is the path to survival if only a 2 point deduction. I think the Brentford game will be difficult as we will be tired from the Derby midweek

Be nice if could create normal goals. Since Beto’s header against West Ham, so 4 games, we had the Bournmouth and Burnley keepers gifting bizarre goals and a pen. Yes, we should have had 2 more pens, Garner hits the post etc. But we score so few self-created open play goals it’s rediculous for a team that has 35 points. Puts huge pressure to not concede, and we have been better at that than recent seasons. Doesn’t inspire confidence defending our way to safety when Luton and Brentford just try and score more than the opposition. No margin for error in our approach.

With anything other than an earth shattering deduction, it’s quite amazing it’s still in our own hands. And it very much is. We have enough buffer to grind our way to safety.

…we’ve missed some chances, even today. I think the stats back that up. It’s not only the sitters, it’s the situations we mess up because we lack quality.