Relegation 23/24 Thread

Let me remind some people: this was the 'no chance' 'free hit' game....remember?

We were expecting nothing and got it.

Onwards to Forest at home...a team we've already beaten at their ground this season.
Do you really think that this team, minus Braithwaite and probably Patterson too, can beat Forest?

On tonight's performance we'd struggle against a non league side.

These players showed nothing tonight

Why should we expect them to win a big game on Sunday ?

We said all that in the last 2 seasons when we were in worse positions than the one we're in now. We got the job done.

FFS, we got battered. Accept it and move on.

The problem is, year on year the squad gets a little bit worse. We get closer to relegation with every season. Last year we were down to the last 30 minutes. This year, I don't trust these cowards to get a result.
The above is what happens teams over a period of years down the bottom. It's nothing new. History is full of teams and situations like ours who scrape relegation over a period of years but but but ....

Eventually ..... go down.

Honestly, teams just need to let us have the ball. We're not going to score enough and we're too slow to get back. Midfield looked knackered and they haven't played for ages. Young and McNeil running in treacle, and Garner and Onana too weak in the tackle, standing around looking at who is going to pick up the man that just walked past them. If only we had Rory Delap to deliver some decent throw ins.

I think getting relegated is probably for the best now and I mean that. The club needs to try and reset itself without the pressure of constantly trying to stay up.