Relegation 23/24 Thread

Will need the 2 points back I think.

Interested how the Forest appeal goes this week (although that will hurt in the short term them getting some points back).
I think we will get 1 back, and wouldnt surprise me if they get 2 back, even though they should have 2 added back on, as they already got away with it for me, getting only a 4 point deduction, which they should have been happy to get, instead of getting more deducted like we probably expected them to get

The frightening thing is that our players, man for man, really did work hard.

That's the difference between a £1bn squad and a squad that only cost around a hundred mill.

We seem to go to pieces when we concede away from home. The home matches are going to be key to this survival of this great club of ours. We need 5 more matches like Crystal Palace under Frank.

Lose your heads over a 6-0 hammering. Sure.

But put it into context. Anyone saying that Chelsea were there for the taking are taking the piss. They'd only lost one in 12 games going into that and they were at home at a place we've had one win since 1994 FFS.

Is this the same chelsea that have played sheff utd and burnley in the last few weeks. And beat neither of them.
Everton made them look world class.
Worrying

I see draws against both Forest and Brentford, plus three points against Sheffield.

Luton look like they could get 7 points (inc. wins against us and Fulham).

Forest look like they could get 7 - wins Sheffield and Burnley.

That end table does not look good now we have peed away our GD and likely will suffer more against Arsenal, plus their 2 wins to our 1.

As it stands we need to beat/draw with Luton. A couple of months ago when we were relatively defensively sound and had a good away record I was fairly confident, I don't see how we have the character to do that. Genuinely concerned now.

No, they aren’t Madrid or City, but I can see with my own eyes that they are more positive, more attacking and play much better football than Everton do.

We have nothing, zero. No passion, no goals in us, no pace, no energy, nothing. If you can’t see that then I don’t know what you are actually watching.

Edit: oh and the last 2 goals we have scored have been gifted to us by goalkeeper errors.
3 points at Brighton but for a late equaliser from a unmarkable 12 foot tall player.

1 point at Bournemouth but for an injury time own goal from our most senior player and captain.

1 point at home against West Ham but for being caught out in injury time and a player smashing a worldie shot in.

It’s the little fine margins in these games that have cost us all season. If you can’t win, don’t lose. Even all the way back to the beginning of the season against Wolves and Fulham at home. Both keepers had worldie games against us and we were punished late on when we had clearly outplayed our opponent. 2 points from them games now would of been great for us.

My only concern is that is has actually happened all season which says nothing has improved. I like Dyche and I want him to do well, I certainly think he’s miles better than Rafael and better than Frank but for a defensive style manager his decision making has cost us a few times this season. Not bringing on subs to slow the game, getting caught on breaks, playing 37 and 36 year olds for a full 90 mins, not going 5 at the back and playing for a a point etc etc etc.

…..imagine the Moshiri/Thelwell/Dyche video call at FF this morning;

Thelwell; “How the fck do you keep selecting Young on the right wing?”
Dyche; “How the fck did you spunk £50m on Beto, Chermiti and Maupay and give me players with no pace and without the basic skills of controlling a football and passing it to a teammate?”
Moshiri; “Have you lost the dressing room, Sean?”
Dyche; “No, but you’re the accountant who’s accounts have lost us 8 points.”

All 3 bow their heads and hang up.

Last edited: