Relegation 23/24 Thread

We are a team well and truly primed to sink beyond the championship. Relegation would be a disaster for us given the financial and ownership issues. There’s no great reset some cling to.

Agree, all feels a bit Man City (of the past) and Sunderland. The hope comes from seeing how Aston Villa have bounced back.

I am from Ipswich. My daughter is in their youth system, so I have seen the change close up. They were rock bottom a couple of seasons ago, but the new ownership, clear strategy and bringing in a decent CEO and manager who is able to coach and improve players shows it can be done without having to spend a billion quid.

Agree, all feels a bit Man City (of the past) and Sunderland. The hope comes from seeing how Aston Villa have bounced back.

I am from Ipswich. My daughter is in their youth system, so I have seen the change close up. They were rock bottom a couple of seasons ago, but the new ownership, clear strategy and bringing in a decent CEO and manager who is able to coach and improve players shows it can be done without having to spend a billion quid.
There was a very good comment on the BBC match chat from a Villa fan last night. It described how they struggled to get out of the 2nd tier league and suggested that they could so easily have become another Sheffield Wednesday.

Whilst we cannot even sort out who is running the club let alone how best to do it, we will struggle whichever division we find ourselves reduced to ...

I think getting relegated is probably for the best now and I mean that. The club needs to try and reset itself without the pressure of constantly trying to stay up.
Relegation would be oblivion.

No more Everton Maybe not the worst thing for all of our mental health considerations. Who actually enjoys this, who enjoys following the results and wondering how many players Luton have injured, what fixtures Forest have, while watching a team win one game in nearly half a season, all with the off field insanity? We are utterly joyless, this is supposed to be a hobby ffs.

We’ve got no chance in the championship, these players and manager would be eaten alive.

We drop this year, I think we drop again or finish bottom half - can’t see an immediate return, so we have to stay up.

After sleeping, it’s up to the manager and players to win the remaining home games; go out and attack them, run themselves into the ground, put tackles in and get the home crowd on side every minute of every game - do that and we should be ok, but I don’t trust them to, sadly.

Think we need 9 points from 12 out of the home games, not seen that kind of form all season, except the blip just after the first deduction.

Also, Not sure I see how we come back from that performance last night either….it was worse than pathetic.

We are sat here hoping the others around us keep loosing yet again, but not sure they will this year as two of them get to play Everton.

As much as I want to see us get out of this, I can’t help but feel that it is only delaying the inevitable.

It has the potential to really hit the fan next season, in a way that would make us look back on these last three seasons almost whimsically.
Agreed. The drain is being circled. Even if we somehow find our bottle for the last few games I don't see any way we won't drop next season. We have less than zero money, a depleted squad, the possibility of further points deductions and an absent owner. It's miserable being a fan right now.

As much as I want to see us get out of this, I can’t help but feel that it is only delaying the inevitable.

It has the potential to really hit the fan next season, in a way that would make us look back on these last three seasons almost whimsically.
Yeah. What is the point of staying up when our piss poor squad will be even worse next season.

No more Everton Maybe not the worst thing for all of our mental health considerations. Who actually enjoys this, who enjoys following the results and wondering how many players Luton have injured, what fixtures Forest have, while watching a team win one game in nearly half a season, all with the off field insanity? We are utterly joyless, this is supposed to be a hobby ffs.
It could be oblivion but it doesn't have to be maybe we go into administration and somebody buys us on the cheap and has an actual plan. I agree with you this constant struggle to keep our heads above water and never even having unexpected good away days or cup runs or anything is just pointless and I can't see any way that it stops we're just going to stay like this until we finally get relegated we might as well get it over with.

and imagine the sheer novelty of playing Stevenage away and having to google to find out where it actually is, bliss