Relegation 23/24 Thread

Agree, all feels a bit Man City (of the past) and Sunderland. The hope comes from seeing how Aston Villa have bounced back.

I am from Ipswich. My daughter is in their youth system, so I have seen the change close up. They were rock bottom a couple of seasons ago, but the new ownership, clear strategy and bringing in a decent CEO and manager who is able to coach and improve players shows it can be done without having to spend a billion quid.
Derby County vibes

We DESERVE relegation.
Depends how you define “We”!

Kenwright, Moshiri, and the people that have had any influence in running the club pretty much since 1995, they deserve relegation. Their collective boardroom decision making to include Kings Dock, some staggering managerial appointments, awful player recruitment and their subsequent remuneration have all gradually brought us to where we are today!

I’d suggest the vast majority of fans don’t deserve relegation, you only have to look at the turn out last night at Stamford Bridge and the fact that Goodison is pretty much sold out every game! Yes fans moan and criticise at the game, and even more so online I reckon, but consider the utter dross and the lack of ambition (“Good times” :rant:) that has been served up, and the majority deserve a medal, particularly those that go away!

I also fear the “decision” to sell to 777 will be yet another of those disastrous decisions!

Rudderless, incompetent leadership from the top has bought us to where we are now, that’s what deserves relegation!

Agree, all feels a bit Man City (of the past) and Sunderland. The hope comes from seeing how Aston Villa have bounced back.

I am from Ipswich. My daughter is in their youth system, so I have seen the change close up. They were rock bottom a couple of seasons ago, but the new ownership, clear strategy and bringing in a decent CEO and manager who is able to coach and improve players shows it can be done without having to spend a billion quid.

If we stay up and Ipswich don’t come up I’d happily take the manager - maybe the CEO too.

2 games we have to win Sunday v Notts Forest & Luton away - a hard task with this team ... but doable ?

No chance for me. A point at best. I genuinely see Sheff Utd beating us. It’s the type of game and opposition who rock up to goodison and have their easiest away day. If there isn’t a massive improvement, and looking at how we have performed since the break then I see no more than 4 points. We are that bad at the moment.

I think Luton will get 2 more points, Everton will get battered for all remaining games and ultimately go down on goal difference.
Well, to be fair, we do still play Luton, so if we were to lose all of our remaining games, one would be to them. So they would be getting at least 3 points, rather than two, meaning we'd go down properly rather than on goal difference.

Grim, though.

Depends how you define “We”!

Kenwright, Moshiri, and the people that have had any influence in running the club pretty much since 1995, they deserve relegation. Their collective boardroom decision making to include Kings Dock, some staggering managerial appointments, awful player recruitment and their subsequent remuneration have all gradually brought us to where we are today!

I’d suggest the vast majority of fans don’t deserve relegation, you only have to look at the turn out last night at Stamford Bridge and the fact that Goodison is pretty much sold out every game! Yes fans moan and criticise at the game, and even more so online I reckon, but consider the utter dross and the lack of ambition (“Good times” :rant:) that has been served up, and the majority deserve a medal, particularly those that go away!

I also fear the “decision” to sell to 777 will be yet another of those disastrous decisions!

Rudderless, incompetent leadership from the top has bought us to where we are now, that’s what deserves relegation!

I rather think we are unlikely to avoid it.

Apparently Opta thinks there's only a 5% chance of relegation (BBC websitetoday)...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240416_145109_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240416_145109_Chrome.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 1
2 games we have to win Sunday v Notts Forest & Luton away - a hard task with this team ... but doable ?
Just can't see us doing Luton, and after last night Forrest will never be more up for the game. While it's gonna be like training in a Morgue this wk for our lads.

Worringly the likes of Luton and Forest look up for the fight , the same can't be said for our bunch of lard arses. Relegation is a reality , the club needs to wake up , but with the mercenaries in our side that ain't gonna happen , doubful any of them will be around next season.