Relegation 23/24 Thread

….ha, ha, at least if you’re going to quote me, I would ask you quote me accurately.

I said if Dyche manages to keep this squad in the top flight this season it should be considered a great achievement, perhaps only bettered by Kendall and Catterick in my time watching Everton.

Given the state of this club, the double points deduction and the rudderless ownership, I without doubt stand by that statement. I’d sincerely hope we can have that discussion at the end of the season but it;s only appropriate if we stay up.
The point is though Eggs, the football has been absolute mince, the interviews are embarrassing, he has won one game in four months, against Burnley, who played the last quarter of the game with ten men, so, even if he does manage to keep us up this season, that will say more about how poor the quality of the league is this season, than it says about the level of Dyche's performance.

He is at best, arguably the third worst manager we have ever had, it depends if you think he is better or worse than Benitez, but, regardless of whether we stay up or not, third best, do me a favour.

The point is though Eggs, the football has been absolute mince, the interviews are embarrassing, he has won one game in four months, against Burnley, who played the last quarter of the game with ten men, so, even if he does manage to keep us up this season, that will say more about how poor the quality of the league is this season, than it says about the level of Dyche's performance.

He is at best, arguably the third worst manager we have ever had, it depends if you think he is better or worse than Benitez, but, regardless of whether we stay up or not, third best, do me a favour.

….i actually thought the football was fine before the first deduction, much improved on last season proven by our position in the league. I liked watching Dyche Everton, defensively sound whilst getting players forward in numbers and creating chances.

After the initial post-deduction backlash, the form dipped and a team playing with enjoyment and freedom became tense just as the crowd become tense. These last months the play has become tedious but the mess off the pitch has to manifest itself on the pitch. It’d be some challenge for any manager to keep this show on the road, the players are not living in a vacuum.

We’ll all have team selection differences, I certainly wouldn’t play Young on the right of midfield but I understand Dyche’s approach. The squad is void of quality, that’s the reality and it will be some achievement if Dyche keeps us up.

A lot riding on this weekend, with Luton v. Brentford and us v. Forest. If Luton and Forest win, we're in big trouble, as we'd be in the bottom 3 heading into the derby, with all the momentum going the wrong way. If we win and Luton doesn't, we'd be almost safe from there.

Could be pretty decisive either way.
Agreed, absolute nightmare scenario would be going to Luton behind them when a defeat would essentially relegate us

….i actually thought the football was fine before the first deduction, much improved on last season proven by our position in the league. I liked watching Dyche Everton, defensively sound whilst getting players forward in numbers and creating chances.

After the initial post-deduction backlash, the form dipped and a team playing with enjoyment and freedom became tense just as the crowd become tense. These last months the play has become tedious but the mess off the pitch has to manifest itself on the pitch. It’d be some challenge for any manager to keep this show on the road, the players are not living in a vacuum.

We’ll all have team selection differences, I certainly wouldn’t play Young on the right of midfield but I understand Dyche’s approach. The squad is void of quality, that’s the reality and it will be some achievement if Dyche keeps us up.
R
The only thing his football in the early season had about it was that he had them all running about like lunatics, closing down and pressing. Once you looked beyond that it was terrible. Doucoure playing as a number 10, the full backs played so narrow that they could almost hold hands with the centre backs. Pickford playing the ball out to Tarkowski who would either hit a long diagonal ball or give it back to Pickford who would leather it towards Calvert Lewin or slice it Into touch. The only reason it was at all bearable was the fact he was picking up points here and there.

Once other teams sussed us out and our players were unable or unwilling to run a marathon every week, the results dried up and people came more and more critical of the dire football he was serving up. This was always going to be the case, if the football is as agricultural as Dyche's, you have to get results or people will soon get fed up. Still it's all about opinions, if you think the early season stuff was fine, that's up to you.

A lot riding on this weekend, with Luton v. Brentford and us v. Forest. If Luton and Forest win, we're in big trouble, as we'd be in the bottom 3 heading into the derby, with all the momentum going the wrong way. If we win and Luton doesn't, we'd be almost safe from there.

Could be pretty decisive either way.

you gotta fancy luton to stay up now

they beat us to.

it’s making feel sick how bad we are

why? we aren’t winning to capitalize

we will swap places with forest on sunday then we know what is coming wednesday

gotta keep that goal diff down as much as poss
More because I feel this is the game they have to win to be in with a proper fight. I know we are awful but we obviously will win at least 1 more game, it's too negative to think otherwise.

you gotta fancy luton to stay up now

they beat us to.

it’s making feel sick how bad we are
In reality you dont have to fancy Luton at all. yes they can attack, but they've won as much as us the last few months, despite that. We are ahead of them, thats all that matters. They only have a chance because of us and Forest Deductions. they only started to win from our 1st deduction

The only thing his football in the early season had about it was that he had them all running about like lunatics, closing down and pressing. Once you looked beyond that it was terrible. Doucoure playing as a number 10, the full backs played so narrow that they could almost hold hands with the centre backs. Pickford playing the ball out to Tarkowski who would either hit a long diagonal ball or give it back to Pickford who would leather it towards Calvert Lewin or slice it Into touch. The only reason it was at all bearable was the fact he was picking up points here and there.

Once other teams sussed us out and our players were unable or unwilling to run a marathon every week, the results dried up and people came more and more critical of the dire football he was serving up. This was always going to be the case, if the football is as agricultural as Dyche's, you have to get results or people will soon get fed up. Still it's all about opinions, if you think the early season stuff was fine, that's up to you.

IMG_8640.jpeg

Needs to play Gueye. He has his limitations but he does what he does well - breaks up play, protects the defence and frees up the more 'skillful' players to go forward. I cba to look it up, but it wouldn't surprise me if the majority of our good results/performances have come when he has been in the team.