Relegation 23/24 Thread

1000046350.png

We have to control what we can. Right now, we have a game in hand and our goal difference is +8 on Luton.

Luton play Brentford at home, who aren't out of the relegation battle yet so a win would make them pretty much safe and totally dent Luton's hopes

We play Forest this weekend in a "6 pointer" and we need to keep our nose ahead of Forest.

We could find ourselves in the bottom 3 if Luton and Forest both win - the "nightmare" scenario but we have to keep our heads and nerve to remember that we are in a battle.

There will be plenty of twists and turns so we have to back the team (despite the turn of recent events).

I hope we win Sunday to erase this Chelsea after-taste and to ease the pressure. COYB

We realistically need 3 more wins dont we.

Where do they come from?

Lutons fixtures look much better than ours. Fulham last day of the season looks very winnable for them, we cant have it going down to the wire again. Plue they have a banker against us.

Note sure how you've worked that out?

Luton's remaining fixtures:
- Brentford (H)
- Wolves (A)
- Everton (H)
- West Ham (A)
- Fulham (H)

Ours:
- Forest (H)
- RS (H)
- Brentford (H)
- Luton (A)
- Sheff Utd (H)
- Arsenal (A)

On paper, we have the 'better' fixtures, plus an extra game to get points from.

This is obvious but if we're going to stay up goals need to happen put Harrison in the middle or left wing you know a position he is suited to play , and danjuma on the right instead of young, or even put mcneil on the right so he can cut in as he only one footed. Get Doucoure in the center of the midfield , and play garner at right back who can actually produce crosses something needs to change or we're going down and I'm pretty numb to that possibility at this point. Wish we'd sack dyche he's did a decent job the first half of the season but he's clearly out of his depth at this stage

Game plan is to go for a 1-0 win with the expectation the Forest goalkeeper will kick a ball off an Everton player and into the net behind him. Worked once....
Forest are quite open defensively, although they're not as bad with Nuno. I'm hopeful we'll score, unfortunately I think they will as well!

- Brentford (H)
- Wolves (A)
- Everton (H)
- West Ham (A)
- Fulham (H)

Ours:
- Forest (H)
- RS (H)
- Brentford (H)
- Luton (A)
- Sheff Utd (H)
- Arsenal (A)

Depends if you buy into the fact that mid-table teams are all on the beach in the run in. I don’t really any more. But we are certainly playing lots of teams with plenty to fight for, even if some of them are crap.

I am almost certain that both Luton & Forest will win at least 1 of their remaining fixtures but will lose 2. So I think the maximum they will get is 9.

Think Luton are the ones to concern ourselves with more and we need to stop either of them beating us.

Focusing on Luton, if we get a draw there then I think 7 points is the most they'll get, and there is a big chance they won't even manage that.

Meaning 5 points would save us. Could do that through drawing v Forest & Luton and beating Sheffield United.

Don't also see why we couldn't beat Brentford either.

But the Forest & Luton games are must not lose.

- Brentford (H)
- Wolves (A)
- Everton (H)
- West Ham (A)
- Fulham (H)

Ours:
- Forest (H)
- RS (H)
- Brentford (H)
- Luton (A)
- Sheff Utd (H)
- Arsenal (A)

In reality, our better fixtures are at home, where we fill our pants. Luton games are mainly against teams with not a lot to play for, except us, that's the crucial game for me.

- Brentford (H)
- Wolves (A)
- Everton (H)
- West Ham (A)
- Fulham (H)

Ours:
- Forest (H)
- RS (H)
- Brentford (H)
- Luton (A)
- Sheff Utd (H)
- Arsenal (A)

Shame we don't have to play Everton either, its a banker, guaranteed three points!!