Relegation 23/24 Thread

Not a chance in hell they get away with a zero points deduction for the biggest breach of the 3. Nothing to do with the PL at this point. Our 6 points can no longer be overturned. No IC is brave enough to destroy the whole season because our legal case would be irrefutable and go through the summer, even if we got our 2 back.

Wouldn’t be surprised if both appeal just leave things as they are and tell us both to get on with it. We might get one back after allowing the PL to bring their own backstop date forward.

Defining weekend. Cannot even imagine how toxic things will get if we get done over by Forest at home given the ramifications of it. Please just beat them Everton.

I’ll be honest I’m more concerned this year then the last two, thats purely based on what I have seen in the last two performances, we aren’t fighting and don’t have the desire nor fight of Luton or Forest thus far. It needs a big turnaround.

I hoped it was just a downer after Chelsea, but in the cold light of analysis, I worry this group of players aren’t up for fight this or will shrink, I see worrying signs, they seem like a team feeling sorry for themselves to me.

I won’t harp on as everyone is nervous enough, but I don’t like what I see from this group of players and what will be required in the next few weeks.

Hope they prove me wrong tomorrow.

There is still opportunity and time.

Last edited:

They'll probably get 2, we'll get 1 or none

I think we all know the scenario given it will be announced around the end of the season. Ahead of Luton, probably two points back.

Behind Luton, nothing back.

No chance the decision will impact on relegation as then Luton will have a reasonable plan of action e.g. why didn't you just decide everything for definite in February/March?

Is Toney fit? He had a hip injury last I read.

Yeah they all know he's leaving so looks like a case of they'll only start him when needed now and ultimately they win today and they're all but safe.

A front 3 of Mbeumo-Toney-Wissa will still cause this backline all sorts of issues so can't be complacent about next weekend even if they're comfortable. Tomorrow will be a struggle all of its own.

I’ll be honest I’m more concerned this year then the last two, thats purely based on what I have seen in the last two performances, we aren’t fighting and don’t have the desire nor fight of Luton or Forest thus far. It needs a big turnaround.

I hoped it was just a downer after Chelsea, but in the cold light of analysis, I worry this group of players aren’t up for fight this or will shrink, I see worrying signs, they seem like a team feeling sorry for themselves to me.

I won’t harp on as everyone is nervous enough, but I don’t like what I see from this group of players and what will be required in the next few weeks.

Hope they prove me wrong tomorrow.

There is still opportunity and time.

What did you think after Newcastle at home 12 months ago? There wasn't that much fight that night either. Followed it up with 4 points on the road at Leicester and Brighton.

Monday night was horrific but at least see what the response is before just writing games off as relegation battles can be very strange sometimes with team mentality.

I remember thinking everything was over after losing at Burnley in 2022 but then the team roused themselves and beat Man. United 60 hours later.

Yeah they all know he's leaving so looks like a case of they'll only start him when needed now and ultimately they win today and they're all but safe.

A front 3 of Mbeumo-Toney-Wissa will still cause this backline all sorts of issues so can't be complacent about next weekend even if they're comfortable. Tomorrow will be a struggle all of its own.
They're still technically in the relegation fight. Hopefully they see off Luton and then put their flip flops on for the summer.