Relegation 23/24 Thread

I for one cannot understand why we appealed the two points. It’s a dangerous game as the new “independent” commission could easily add another 2 or 3
Unless we know of something that guarantees it being ruled out then it could end up being the stupidest decision we've ever made. And that takes some doing..

From what I thought could of been coming our way, 2pts was a gift.

Unless we know of something that guarantees it being ruled out then it could end up being the stupidest decision we've ever made. And that takes some doing..

From what I thought could of been coming our way, 2pts was a gift.
And it seems nearly impossible that an appeal will take the number down since it is already so low. Has there ever been a 1 point deduction for anything?

I for one cannot understand why we appealed the two points. It’s a dangerous game as the new “independent” commission could easily add another 2 or 3
Yeah considering the Premier League wanted more its a big risk.

But I guess the club have sold the fans this idea that the big bad Premier league is out to get us for building a stadium, so have to be seen to be appealing all perceived injustices to appease the fanbase. It could prove very costly as there's 0% chance of getting any back

Yeah considering the Premier League wanted more its a big risk.

But I guess the club have sold the fans this idea that the big bad Premier league is out to get us for building a stadium, so have to be seen to be appealing all perceived injustices to appease the fanbase. It could prove very costly as there's 0% chance of getting any back
Will be similar to the forest case again, i still think will end up the same

We have a good record against them: last 5 games we've won 3, drawn 1 and lost 1.

I don't see any reason why we cant get the better of them again. We've beaten better Brentford teams in the last two seasons.

We literally played them off their own patch earlier in the season. Yes we’re poor at times but it gets annoying when people keep making out we’re the worst team to ever play in English football. Without the points deduction we’re a distance away from the bottom three for a reason. We might not beat Forest or Brentford or Luton but they e all been as bad as us this season and we’re perfectly capable of beating them.

Will be similar to the forest case again, i still think will end up the same
Its a different panel though isn't it, that's the scary part. and we wont get any benefits back for working well with them as we are now Appealing the original case.
We must believe we have an angle that rules it out. God, where's 'Saul Goodman' when you need him..

Its a different panel though isn't it, that's the scary part. and we wont get any benefits back for working well with them as we are now Appealing the original case.
We must believe we have an angle that rules it out. God, where's 'Saul Goodman' when you need him..
Why not we have agreed for it to be finished before the last game of the season. But well you cant really rule anything out. Plus working with them is about the original charge an appeal imo should not be a sign that you have not worked with the league. While leicester have put off the charge they have for the whole season refusing to give it in yhey should get a charge for that similar to us in the first charge

I don't think either of the appeals will result in points changes this time. However, if anything were to change I'd imagine the deductions increasing rather than decreasing to discourage future appeals.

I don't think either of the appeals will result in points changes this time. However, if anything were to change I'd imagine the deductions increasing rather than decreasing to discourage future appeals.
Yeah, there lives will be spent dealing with Appeals if they don't do something to try and put teams off it.
( tho of course I've still got this horrible feeling that Forrest will go down to 2 and we will go up to 5 🥴 )

We literally played them off their own patch earlier in the season. Yes we’re poor at times but it gets annoying when people keep making out we’re the worst team to ever play in English football. Without the points deduction we’re a distance away from the bottom three for a reason. We might not beat Forest or Brentford or Luton but they e all been as bad as us this season and we’re perfectly capable of beating them.
That what frightens me the most, that our supporters have lost belief. That very quickly turns to anger at Goodison and our little snowflakes will melt if they think the nasty fans have the hump with them. We MUST back them from start to finish, no matter how dire the game might be. Last game of the season when we are safe we can boo them off the planet, but until we are mathematically safe from relegation we have to turn our ground into a horrible place for the opposition to play at.