Relegation 23/24 Thread

Not how it works. The refs will see this as an attack and any 50/50's in future games won't be given to them
I actually respect Forest for calling out what they see as bad decisions.

We've had much worse and didn't say anything in case we upset refs/PL.

So what if they get fined, they've grabbed the headlines and refs will think twice about decisions in their remaining games.

Can't see any scenario were Forrest come out good. I mean surely the prem will crack down on Forrest if they can't provide evidence he is a Luton fan and refs are purposely giving them nothing each game.

Yeah but 4 wins on the bounce for Luton is like expecting winged unicorns to play at kenilworth road.

They need the fewest number of points possible to stay up. That happens when Notts Forest lose
Fair enough but the fact that it's highly debatable sort of makes the point. And you also have to factor in that Forest could be up to 4 points better off and we could be up to 2 points better off after appeals and really no one could say for sure which result today would work out better for Luton.

So even if he decided to risk his career and reputation to engineer a result for Luton there's too many unknowns for Atwell to even decide which one to shoot for. It's a ludicrous accusation.

Fair enough but the fact that it's highly debatable sort of makes the point. And you also have to factor in that Forest could be up to 4 points better off and we could be up to 2 points better off after appeals and really no one could say for sure which result today would work out better for Luton.

So even if he decided to risk his career and reputation to engineer a result for Luton there's too many unknowns for Atwell to even decide which one to shoot for. It's a ludicrous accusation.
Oh yes. Definitely bonkers thing for Notts Forest to do. They have lost their heads.

This is the thing, what do they think is going to happen……if a manager says that in a press conference, he’s getting a fine or a touchline ban.

The only thing to be gained could maybe be arguably, they might get a lower threshold for a penalty in future games.

I wouldn’t be being led by the nose by Clattenberg if I was them, we know he hates us and has history.

You could argue though that refs will be harsher on them as everyone is now expecting them to be given a soft one.

Sky article has a summary box showing all the incidents they’ve supposedly been shafted. There are just 4. And one of them they won 2-0. Another was the RS one. Another was Toneys free kick. Both widely debated on both sides of the argument.

No doubt today was bad for them, although some a little soft, but we must have had half a dozen 10000% certain penalties not given, soft dives given against us that look identical to the ones we didn’t get (garnacho vs Doms) crazy yellow cards for nothing (Doucs got booked for shooting), Doms red card. They haven’t been overly shafted at all have they? Everyone knew about Wolves incidents early season. Forest are just still smarting over the RS incident. I cannot believe they haven’t backtracked and blamed disappointment and pashun on that tweet.

Refs should be judged and mistakes highlighted. And there are far far too many no doubt. Appointing a former ref to tell the PGMOL everything they get wrong was suicidal even if you only suspect unconscious bias rather than outright cheating.