Relegation 23/24 Thread

Exactly that, again, a point at least v Brentford because if we take nothing from that game and assuming TRS beat us, Luton can go above us if they beat Wolves and then us on their turf. Big ifs, but…. Everton. Can easily swing around in a week.

Not counting chickens yet. Not expecting anything Wedmesday and we have minimal rest until a Brentford team who will be mega confident. Then on to a horrible away game.

I think we'll be OK, ridiculously massive eib today, but no room for complacency.

We have a number of routes to certain safety.

Personally, I believe if we had to rely on what we have right now we'd stand a very, very reasonable chance of Luton and Burnley not getting past us. That's the importance of GD. I just don't see Luton winning 6 more points or Burnley winning 8 more points. The chances of that are for me less than 50% for either to bridge that gap and overtake Everton.

Safety was secured today IMO.
In broad terms, I agree. The spanner in the works is we have to play Luton

Jagielka absolutely smashed his match analysis on MOTD with the penalty shout discussions. Even Murphy was decent (swallows the sick in my mouth). Both said exactly what I said earlier. First one would have been soft, handball wasn’t a pen, third was nailed on pen.

He’s got some nerve, the corrupt helmet.

So former ref, employed by a club, writes in national media, to put pressure on future decision making. Hes not doing anything like this if he wasn’t paid by Nottingham Forest. So he’s a paid club employee trying to influence future decision making. It’s not right.

Secondly I think these allegations are very serious, the allegation is intentional cheating, direct from club to the PGMOL/PL, now a paid club employee via the national media, in a role he’s presenting himself as a professional “referee expert” or judge. Whats the purpose of this role apart from applyimg pressure or duress on decision making - like we are seeing.

Jagielka absolutely smashed his match analysis on MOTD with the penalty shout discussions. Even Murphy was decent (swallows the sick in my mouth). Both said exactly what I said earlier. First one would have been soft, handball wasn’t a pen, third was nailed on pen.
Yep can't really argue with what they said. The last penalty shout is by far the their best shout.

We were clearly fortunate not to give away a penalty. But I'm not having this talk about 3 penalties for those incidents.