Relegation 23/24 Thread

Great result. The fans really lifted the players I felt.

It was a stroke of genius from Nottingham Forest to post that bizarre thing on Twitter about how the VAR guy is allegedly a Luton fan.

The main sports headline is now about how they should have had 3 penalties 🙄 and not about how we look likely to stay up in spite of the premier league hitting us with two separate points deduction.

No it isn’t.

Great result. The fans really lifted the players I felt.

It was a stroke of genius from Nottingham Forest to post that bizarre thing on Twitter about how the VAR guy is allegedly a Luton fan.

The main sports headline is now about how they should have had 3 penalties 🙄 and not about how we look likely to stay up in spite of the premier league hitting us with two separate points deduction.

The only reason it might be ask slightly bigger news that it should be is because they let their chairmans teenage son take over their twitter account post match

34 definitely..... 31 likely. 1 more point needed.

I think this too, because I’d be surprised if Forest picked up more than 4 points from their remaining games. Think they’ll lose the two home games, beat Sheff United and then at best draw at Burnley. Also think we should be going into the final day mathematically clear of Forest.

Still think we need to avoid defeat at Luton to be sure. Brentford & Sheff United were still always key games as well.

I’m focusing more on finishing above Forest than Luton to be honest and am surprised more people aren’t. Like I said I can’t see Forest picking up more than 4 points with the fixtures they have left. I’m looking at it like a win vs Sheff Utd keeps us up even if we lose every other game.

I think just five more points will be enough now. Obviously we've gotta aim for every point on the table regardless but I honestly think that five more will be enough and anything beyond that is a bonus. When all is said and done, I'll consider this an acceptable campaign from an extremely poor team and manager. If we'd not had eight points stolen from us, we'd be comfortably away and safe from the relegation zone, stress free, and just two points of the fabled 40 points line with five games to spare and that's nothing to be sniffed at with this wretched side.

Delighted with the win yesterday but some remarkable complacency creeping in. We were alright yesterday, nothing more, and won through 2 long rangers and - for once - refereeing decisions going our way. I can easily see us going into the Sheff Utd game needing a win to be sure.