Relegation 23/24 Thread

Delighted with the win yesterday but some remarkable complacency creeping in. We were alright yesterday, nothing more, and won through 2 long rangers and - for once - refereeing decisions going our way. I can easily see us going into the Sheff Utd game needing a win to be sure.

I think it's more that we know another point + our superior GD is going to set Luton and Burnley a total they stand almost zero chance of reaching.

Not complacency, just rationalising.

Apparently Opta have us at less than 1% to go down now. I'd be cautious and say less than 5%.

Enjoy the reault and we go onto the next game i am not really looking for a certain amount of points just going to look one game at a time. Onto the derby now and lets see if can get anything a point would be amazing

That was my view as well, and even the third one you’ve seen not given.

In isolation it’s not a shocking call.

First one sadly any contact made; second one Young does;t move his arm toward the direction of the ball and it was not intentional; third one by virtue of the fact the Forest player touch the ball first in the box and then gets more of a challenge from Young from behind should have been penalised.

But they have nothing to be moving about as we were denied against them this season too.

I think it's more that we know another point + our superior GD is going to set Luton and Burnley a total they stand almost zero chance of reaching.

Not complacency, just rationalising.

Apparently Opta have us at less than 1% to go down now. I'd be cautious and say less than 5%.

Oh don't get me wrong, I realistically think we're almost there - but I think this week is going to be hugely challenging given the lack of rest. I'd be very happy getting to the Luton game knowing we'd still have a 2-3 point gap even if we get beat.

Oh don't get me wrong, I realistically think we're almost there - but I think this week is going to be hugely challenging given the lack of rest. I'd be very happy getting to the Luton game knowing we'd still have a 2-3 point gap even if we get beat.

Its a pity we play Brentofrd so soon after the derby. They're rating up waiting for us while we have Liverpool in 2 days time.

Brentford will be tougher because of that.

I believe we can get a point out of the next two games though. I sense confidence. A point will do it IMO.

Delighted with the win yesterday but some remarkable complacency creeping in. We were alright yesterday, nothing more, and won through 2 long rangers and - for once - refereeing decisions going our way. I can easily see us going into the Sheff Utd game needing a win to be sure.
I don't believe for a minute any Evertonian is complacent about anything... anything good at least.

But, yesterday was a huge result , as much because it hurt Forest as giving Everton the points, the Luton result on Saturday added to that.

Even if in our five remaining fixtures we pick up just one win then that would probably see us safe as it would mean Luton probably needing more than eight points from four games which is a big ask.

Need to get the job done before that Sheffield Utd game. It simply has to be done this week and 4 points needed from the rs and Brentford.

This team having to go away to Luton to get a result and then Sheffield Utd at home doesn't bare thinking about. The pressure would be too much for them and difficult for the fanbase.

Get it done this week and get it done with 3 games to spare.

Its a pity we play Brentofrd so soon after the derby. They're rating up waiting for us while we have Liverpool in 2 days time.

Brentford will be tougher because of that.

I believe we can get a point out of the next two games though. I sense confidence. A point will do it IMO.

Yeah, horrible timing for the Derby. If we can squeak a win v Brentford then I'd feel a lot happier going into that Friday night game at Luton, because I simply don't trust our lot to handle the pressure if Luton have gained some ground on us by then.

Need to get the job done before that Sheffield Utd game. It simply has to be done this week and 4 points needed from the rs and Brentford.

This team having to go away to Luton to get a result and then Sheffield Utd at home doesn't bare thinking about. The pressure would be too much for them and difficult for the fanbase.

Get it done this week and get it done with 3 games to spare.

Yep. I don't care how bad SU have been, if we go into that game needing a win I do not trust us not to bottle it.

It shouldn't come to that, but I think we're getting ahead of ourselves thinking that's not still a distinct possibility.

Yep. I don't care how bad SU have been, if we go into that game needing a win I do not trust us not to bottle it.

It shouldn't come to that, but I think we're getting ahead of ourselves thinking that's not still a distinct possibility.

100% mate. I want the players just 100% focused on Wednesday. It isn't a free hit at all, it's a game we need to get a result from. A draw and I'll take it, a win and I'll be buzzing. I want this horrible season over with as soon as possible. I don't want any appeals/points back/more deductions being in the mind of anyone.

It's in our hands, no excuses now with another 2 home games to give it absolutely everything and get over the line with games to spare. A positive result on Wednesday gives the like of Forest, Luton and Burnley another firm kick in the sack.

Luton have won 6 all season. 6 in 34 games.

To win 2 in 4 games is a huge ask. A third of their total wins this season in 4 games.

Even applying 'sods law' - to also not expect us to pick up another single point in 5 games?

I think that weekend sorted us.
It would still be nice to confirm our safety before the last 30 minutes of our last game. Hopefully, a win at Brentford means we can have a relaxing last couple of matches and maybe even let arsenal smash us on the last day to ensure Liverpool can't win the league.