Relegation 23/24 Thread

I concede that we are in a stronger position but Luton have Wolves before they play us. If they can get a draw we have the derby and Brentford who appear to be getting some form. We lose the game against Luton and the pressure on the Sheffield Utd game will be enormous. People seem to be forgetting our ability to shoot ourselves in the foot. If we can just get 3 points before the Luton game it will be game over imo.

If they can't turn us over and come away form Goodison looking second best then I'm not sure I'd describe any game as "winnable" for them mate......
True but Sheffield United just lost 4-1 at home to Burnley and are already pretty much relegated and we did the treble against Burnley this season

Hardly high calibre opposition to be fearful against. I mean this is the same forest side who beat arsenal last season and I remember fuming about that result.

Hardly doomsday to urge caution given the lack of rest we have this week and us playing a Brentford team who've suddenly found good form. And would you be comfortable going to Luton needing a result to keep them from getting too close?

We'll very likely be fine as it will take a bizarre combination of results but we've got a challenging few days ahead.

That's the same one of the worst teams in PL history who nearly beat us earlier in the season, btw.

Let's throw everything we have at getting it as close to done as possible by Saturday, don't want to be relying on the last games.

I think people are placing too much importance on a Luton win vs Everton. It's a game that we need to be making sure we don't lose to avoid uneccesary stress but the weekends results have made it almost impossible for us to go down now. It needs both Luton and Forest to have an uncharacteristic turn around in form and for us to not get another win in our 5 remaining games.

Even if Luton beat us, they need us to not win any other game and for themselves to win 3 out of their last 4 which they won't do.

If we win any of our last 5 (Sheffield Utd at Home is the most favourable fixture for any of the 3 teams), then Luton won't finish ahead of Everton.

And that is ignoring what Forest also need to do to get ahead of Everton.

I concede that we are in a stronger position but Luton have Wolves before they play us. If they can get a draw we have the derby and Brentford who appear to be getting some form. We lose the game against Luton and the pressure on the Sheffield Utd game will be enormous. People seem to be forgetting our ability to shoot ourselves in the foot. If we can just get 3 points before the Luton game it will be game over imo.

Yes but what about the other team in the battle mate, Notts Forest?

Mad how even after just comfortably beating a direct relegation rival, and having arguably the easiest fixtures plus a game in hand, some of our fans still can't resist the urge to do doomsday scenarios where we don't pick up another point and Luton and Forest go on to win 2 or 3 out of their last 4.

Even more funny when Forests next game is against treble winners Manchester City and 1 of our games is at home to one of the worst sides in Premier League history, Sheffield United.

I'm glad you found that win comfortable. We spend a good chunk of the game basically begging then to score IMO. I didn't feel comfortable not until maybe 90th minute