Relegation 23/24 Thread

People are letting the result massively colour the performance. We were not good and scored through 2 long rangers, one of them scuffed, and got away with at least 1 near-definite penalty.

Do I feel sorry for them? No, not for a minute. Does the result matter far more than the performance? Yes, obviously. But let's not pretend it was a comfortable day at the office or that we actually played that well.

Probably just highlights again how poor this league is.
Not really played better and lost games, thought first half we played ok was alot more movement the cm trying to join the attacks. But the final ball was lacking yea got lucky with the pens decisions. Also u get that with having shots even how ou say scuffed can hit it clean and can hit the post. Was never going to be a comfortable day because of the position but was a better performance. I seen alot more fight and heart in this team from the game, is ok not to go over the top from it but you also have give credit to the team

Not really played better and lost games, thought first half we played ok was alot more movement the cm trying to join the attacks. But the final ball was lacking yea got lucky with the pens decisions. Also u get that with having shots even how ou say scuffed can hit it clean and can hit the post. Was never going to be a comfortable day because of the position but was a better performance. I seen alot more fight and heart in this team from the game, is ok not to go over the top from it but you also have give credit to the team
Really confused about these 'scuffed' shot shouts..... both were very good strikes. Only everton fans can be negative about scoring 2 x 25-30 yard goals in a game!

Was thinking I could have a nice day not thinking about Everton today and then I walk past this......🙄

1000007052.jpg

I'm glad you found that win comfortable. We spend a good chunk of the game basically begging then to score IMO. I didn't feel comfortable not until maybe 90th minute
That’ll be the Everton induced PTSD that sits in all of us.

At 2-0 deep into injury time I kept thinking back to that game against Newcastle under Carlo.

At 4-0 up against Brighton last year I’d have probably taken a draw.