Relegation 23/24 Thread

we have to be overtaken by any two of Burnley, Luton and Forest. Honestly guys I think you can stand down.
My worry mate, is that the longer it takes to make it official more likely that nerves can start setting in. Every match that goes by where we are still not officially safe just gives the other teams more of an impetus to keep going on. We are in a great position right now, but there is still a little bit more work to do and I’m worried about complacency setting in

My worry mate, is that the longer it takes to make it official more likely that nerves can start setting in. Every match that goes by where we are still not officially safe just gives the other teams more of an impetus to keep going on. We are in a great position right now, but there is still a little bit more work to do and I’m worried about complacency setting in
I don’t think you have to worry about the players getting complacent. They might panic, run away, or just give up, but they won’t get complacent.

1714146699032.png

OPTA now predicts Everton have a 0.07% chance of relegation for anyone who still feels nervous

And look, I know how unlikely it is that we will have three bearpit atmospheres in the same week. It’s a big ask and the atmosphere will inevitably be flatter tomorrow in comparison to the past two games

If anything, a more relaxed atmosphere might actually help in an odd way. If we’re all a bit less “clenched” then the players might play better

However, there is a difference between being relaxed and being complacent. I’m a lot more relaxed about this than I was before the Burnley game for instance. That being said, I am not fully prepared to accept that we’ve done it until we’ve actually done it

I think we as a fan base still have a role to play in this. I think if we have the right attitude, then we’ll generate the right atmosphere and the players will deliver the right performance

So nobody should be losing their minds right now. This is very much in our own hands and it could be all done and dusted with a simple draw tomorrow evening. However, I don’t think anyone should be resting on their laurels until the table assures us that we can

With 4 games left luton would have to win 3 out of 4 and hope we lose them all. I don't want to jinx it but I can't see it happening. They could win 2 and draw 2 and we'd still edge them on goal difference unless we got battered every game. Although we aren't mathematically safe yet you would be asking 2 of the 3 below to pull top 4 form out the hat to overtake us.