Relegation Fight 2014/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much dross below us. Not going down. But a bottom half finish is such a let down. EL aside I'm resenting this season. Although I think the Euro adventure is going to last a while.

not this year...he is back soon...

aiden-mcgeady.png

I knew you'd come round in the end. :)

Well that QPR result confirms them as incapable. At home, Spurs coming to them after playing 3 games in 6 days. They are dead.
As are Leicester on 18 points. Burnley play City, S'ton, Spurs and Arsenal next four matches up...so they're as good as out of it too.

We take three next week against Newcastle and we can forget about this season.

Well that QPR result confirms them as incapable. At home, Spurs coming to them after playing 3 games in 6 days. They are dead.
As are Leicester on 18 points. Burnley play City, S'ton, Spurs and Arsenal next four matches up...so they're as good as out of it too.

We take three next week against Newcastle and we can forget about this season.
Its far from over.
If QPR beat us they will be 3 points behind

Its far from over.
If QPR beat us they will be 3 points behind

Lol...if, if if, if.

They're 6 points behind with massive GD behind us. They aren't capable of winning 7 points, imo.

Bottom three now are bottom at the finish in all likelihood.

Stop worrying.

Let's just get this second season syndrome out of the way and crack on next season.

Lol...if, if if, if.

They're 6 points behind with massive GD behind us. They aren't capable of winning 7 points, imo.

Bottom three now are bottom at the finish in all likelihood.

Stop worrying.

Let's just get this second season syndrome out of the way and crack on next season.
Still a long way to go yet.
Second season syndrome what is that exactly?
I thought 2nd season syndrome was when a promoted club had a good season then the season after when they were found out ended up near the bottom

That should be that now, pretty much.

Unless they go on a Sunderland-like run, they're done, QPR.

A win against Newcastle puts all this to bed for the season once and for all.

I thought 2nd season syndrome was when a promoted club had a good season then the season after when they were found out ended up near the bottom
No mate, it's when any good first effort is followed up by a slide back down to earth.

It's a common enough sports phenomenon.

No mate, it's when any good first effort is followed up by a slide back down to earth.

It's a common enough sports phenomenon.
I could understand that if the tactics were the same as last season.
But the manager has changed his tactics and system a lot for this season so really its a 1st effort.
I think though 2nd season syndrome is something to hide behind

I could understand that if the tactics were the same as last season.
But the manager has changed his tactics and system a lot for this season so really its a 1st effort.
I think though 2nd season syndrome is something to hide behind
I think, with respect, that 'switched tactics' stuff is mostly baloney.

The fundamental problem is personnel: under-performances from players who cant handle the extra workload this season, injuries and the fact Martinez ballsed up the summer window. That's why there is such a difference between this and last season.

Happens sometimes with new managers. It certainly seemed to happen with Moyes.

We could easily have sacked him and written him off. I'm sure many were asking for it.

We're not going down now, so we can afford to give Martinez a last chance to do things differently to how he did it last summer. We know he did things wrong and I'm sure he knows it too. He has shown enough promise to be afforded it.

Status
Not open for further replies.