Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the team need to forget about the mighty Burnley and focus on winning some games - starting with Leicester.

Need to be harder to beat than we have been - Delph and Allan help, hopefully Mina too.

If DCL could start striking again too that would be even better - but with Gordon, Richarlison and Gray we have more attacking talent than I remember from our last serious relegation battles.

Moyes probably would have managed it with just Rondon to be fair to him.

@matty1878 has now decided to live in a hole in the ground, with just a radio tuned to Five Live for company and a months supply of adult nappies, until the end of the season.

As a result of sensory deprivation, from living in complete darkness, he’s lost all sense of cognitive function and has started talking in a code, which no one else has yet deciphered.
You leave Matty alone, good judge of a crap thread/poll is that man.

Decent result for us today. Burnley can't draw their way out of their predicament with the amount of games they have remaining and the points deficit they have to make up. They have to at least win once so every game that doesn't happen brings us one step closer to the finish line.

Odds are, their win will happen at home against Southampton, who aside from their last result against an Arsenal team that can't buy a win at the moment, have been on their end of season annual collapse when they have nothing to play for. After that is Wolves who have been in patchy form themselves. I think our lads need to have the mindset that Burnley will pick up 3-4 points from their next two games.

Leicester is really a game we have to be winning I feel. I can't see anything other than an absolute spanking at the Pit and if Burnley pick up points that would put undue pressure on us to beat Chelsea if we can't pick up maximum points against Leicester.

It's still too close to call, we are obviously favourites to stay up but I hope the players aren't thinking that way.

If we can ground out 10 points from our last 8 games, that would leave Burnley needing 5 wins from their last 7 games. Given they’ve only won 4 all season I don’t see them being able to do that, favourable fixtures or not. That might also be enough to overtake Leeds.

mate it’s just us and burnley and no other team
I agree with this. For Leeds to get properly dragged into this they'd have to not win another game all season. I'm not sure what convinces people that it's at all possible that this could happen as their recent form is very reasonable indeed. Yes they have hard fixtures, but they are miles better than Burnley are and probably have more match winners in their team than we do.

17th is the target. Anything else is just a bonus.

Wonder if he would go back to that basket case club after being binned off before

I actually think there's a possibility that in the summer our job, Villa, Watford may be up for grabs and wouldn't be surprised if he gets one.

I also for some reason think Moyes will manage us in the new stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.