Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNulty rightly calling out Mosh and the board.

This epic tale of football mismanagement from owner Farhad Moshiri and a somewhat self-congratulatory board of directors who have got so much wrong could now be heading towards the nightmare conclusion.

It takes some doing to arrive at Everton, as Moshiri did in February 2016, to set course for the stars, then spend £500m on making the team markedly inferior while heading shamefully in the other direction towards the Championship.

And yet this is exactly what Moshiri and Everton's board have presided over.

If they were to go down, it would represent one of the game's most colossal, expensive failures and the list of culprits would have to start with Moshiri and those in the boardroom.
Fair article that. Even if it is a painful read

A fair point - and I get what you're getting at; but when was the last time it was any different?!?

No one complained when Moyes had us stumbling our way to 4th once upon a time. No one complained when Mosh the billionaire took over and was going to "bring Hollywood to town" with dreams of trophies and Carlo at the helm.

But I hear you. It's entertainment tv, not sport. If City need a few players, they find a £200m sponsorship down the settee - anyone desputes it, they have the best lawyers in the biz to fight it. The big clubs set up global networks of "sister clubs" and move players around, many of whom will never see the light of day. If a Leicester happens to come along, one in a 5000 lifetime, all their best players move on and it never happens again.

I'm not criticising or judging. I'd love to see us win every game for ever, but we're still talking about millionaires kicking a ball. If we're relegated tomorrow, most of them will be out the door as fast as they can because they want to be Prem players. The badge and shirt is irrelevant.
Quite a few will stay with us because they can carry on gauging us for money that they don’t stand a chance of getting elsewhere.

The better ones will leave. The ones we don’t want will stay.

With regards to owners, Newcastle have an owner who actually had a journalist cut up into pieces. City?? all about selling a world cup. Utd? a scent awful owners Etc. As I said, they’re getting more and more like Bond villains.

You're right to be. As it stands we're headed there...ironically in a period where we've been seeing better performances by and large.

If we beat Chelsea I think I might fancy us to stay up again...and if we did and Leeds have lost the next two before we play - very likely - that will be reinforced.
You called this owner way before most of us.

Terrible times.

If the team cannot take at least 9-11 points or
more from Chelsea, Leicester, Watford, Brentford, Crystal Palace and Arsenal then honestly we do not deserve to be in the Premier League.

Injuries, referee decisions and bad luck have not helped but, whichever way you look at that, we will absolutely deserve to go down if we do with the games we have left.
Looking at previous games against these clubs this season it is clear we need to do much much better.....

Chelsea (A) D 1-1
Leicester (H) D 1-1
Watford (H) L 5-2
Brenford (A) L 1-0
Palace (A) L 3-1
Arsenal (H) W 2-1
= 5 points

These fixtures last season

Chelsea (H) W 3-1
Leicester (A) L 2-1
Watford (A) W 3-2
Brenford (H) N/A
Palace (H) W 3-1
Arsenal (A) L 3-2
= 9 points

Praying here, but ultimately in vain I think.

Quite a few will stay with us because they can carry on gauging us for money that they don’t stand a chance of getting elsewhere.

The better ones will leave. The ones we don’t want will stay.

With regards to owners, Newcastle have an owner who actually had a journalist cut up into pieces. City?? all about selling a world cup. Utd? a scent awful owners Etc. As I said, they’re getting more and more like Bond villains.
Again, you're not inherently wrong, but I think we're also treading into the 2022 world of selective outrage.

If we were in West Ham's position, I doubt even 5% of the fan base would say they were "disillusioned" with Prem football. The Olympic Stadium was nothing more than a punch-up-pit not fit for football 3 years ago, now its 60,000 fans behind the team.

Football fans are fickle. Doesn't mean they wrong of course. I just don't buy into the "outrage" aspect. I accept it for what it is: a select few teams that the Prem brand depends on, then the "misc 14" below them.

Like I said: entertainment tv. Had City not have become the richest team overnight and signed a dozen players for 30m one after the other live on Sky, or media-luvvy 'Arry Redknapp not fixed Spurs all those years ago; who'd care about them.

I don't follow lower league football myself, but I believe quite a lot of people enjoy it. Cheaper tickets, fun atmosphere, few beers etc. Exiting the Prem might possibly be financial armaggedon for the club, but it wont be the end of the world.

save us everton i’m begging you!

Only God can save us……

5DF9F400-3159-4773-9A42-7D885298C775.webp

Again, you're not inherently wrong, but I think we're also treading into the 2022 world of selective outrage.

If we were in West Ham's position, I doubt even 5% of the fan base would say they were "disillusioned" with Prem football. The Olympic Stadium was nothing more than a punch-up-pit not fit for football 3 years ago, now its 60,000 fans behind the team.

Football fans are fickle. Doesn't mean they wrong of course. I just don't buy into the "outrage" aspect. I accept it for what it is: a select few teams that the Prem brand depends on, then the "misc 14" below them.

Like I said: entertainment tv. Had City not have become the richest team overnight and signed a dozen players for 30m one after the other live on Sky, or media-luvvy 'Arry Redknapp not fixed Spurs all those years ago; who'd care about them.

I don't follow lower league football myself, but I believe quite a lot of people enjoy it. Cheaper tickets, fun atmosphere, few beers etc. Exiting the Prem might possibly be financial armaggedon for the club, but it wont be the end of the world.

christ, anyone who is looking forward to the championship and not being in the best league by a mile.

is odd

Can’t see us doing it. We would need a monumental change of form. Pretty much top four form to get the points. This team isn’t capable of putting two wins together. We are done.

christ, anyone who is looking forward to the championship and not being in the best league by a mile.

is odd
That is not what I said. I think relegation will be a disaster for this club, and I'd happily bet we'll be in League One before the Prem again.

I simply said I understand some people who may think millionaires kicking a ball is not the most important thing ever and that relegation would not be the end of Everton (it was not the end of Leeds or Newcastle or Forest or Charlton or Pompey or 5 dozen other clubs, all with different factors of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back