Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club has been misgoverned spectacularly: how can you have that much investment and then get relegated?

Even Leeds when they went down years ago did so after supping at the top table.

We've just got progressively worse since we got cash.
We're here for a reason

Moshiri OUT!

It feels absolutely surreal. I have felt this was coming but as it inches closer it's an awful feeling. Literally sinking. You think at the back of your mind that we'll somehow get out of it and Burnley will be Burnley and oblige us by being crap. But it's us that's crap. That's why we look like going down now. I'll need the summer away from all this to clear my head.

Never ever thought I'd see it but in recent years always thought it was a possibility. All it needed was all we've seen this season.

I think all these teams will be fighting to put us down now in a way they wouldn't do with Burnley or Leeds.

If we survive we'd be a nuisnace to a few teams next season and they dont want that.

We need two Leeds defeats in their next 2 and we need to get 4 out of 6 to get Leeds in this with us.

I'm just not seeing that.
Since jan it’s been gradually worse and worse.

Newcastle won’t catch us…they did.
Brentford won’t pick any points …they did
Leeds aren’t winning anymore games…they did
Ah well at least we have Burnley and they sacked dyche….

Not sure if the players/ staff have truly grasped the worries until it was too late. When benitez was finally sacked then any manager coming in should have had enough about them to get us out of it - the fact that we are now 5 points adrift is unfortunately a damning indictment on the job Lampard has done - and I like the guy!

Could do with City putting about 6 past Leeds here just to really make sure that if it comes down to goal difference, we stay up. If City do beat them, we've 2 games in hand with 5 points to make up. It's possible, but we're relying on them getting slapped the next 3 in a row as an absolute minimum.

Just to put that into context, they're unbeaten in their last 5 so odds are we're going down.

If Leeds lose tonight and we win tomorrow it would be about 50/50 between us and Leeds I reckon. A defeat or draw and chance of escape are very remote. I think we are done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back